IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2005, 03:42 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
モーテル.com Motel.

xn--ddkvc2a7d.com (モーテル.com) Motel Japanese.

I would put this one up for appraisal but so far out of all my regs this one by far gets the most traffic.

It only has a Jp ovt of 6,164 but is getting 10 uniques a day.  Go figure.
The .net is still available.

It's probably japanese visitors to the states looking for motel 6 or something.  I would like to know what your guesses as to why this get's the traffic it does with not the best ovt?

Thanks
Sarcle
Old 24th October 2005, 04:17 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: モーテル.com Motel.

Because it's not a common term in Japanese vocabulary.
You might want to check the stats on the normal OTV.
It might be like you said Japanese in the States or Europe.

One advantage you guys have is you can still think Non Japanese. I never would have thought of Motel in Japanese.
Old 24th October 2005, 10:40 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Plenty of Japanese Adwords:

格安ホテル情報
biz.travel.yahoo.co.jp/ 全国の有名ビジネスホテルが格安価格 11/30までクオカード1000円セット!
MOTEL正規取扱店
zozo.jp/ 380以上のブランド、38以上の ショップが集まるショッピングサイト
全国のホテルを予約
travel.rakuten.co.jp/ 日本全国の宿一覧から比較、予約可能 日本最大級宿予約サイト 楽天トラベル
ラブホテルを探すならココ
couples.jp デートに使える全国のラブホテル情報 便利でお得なクーポンも満載!
憧れのホテルに格安で
www.whhl.net/ 国内・海外の一流ホテルが 最大65%オフ!ネットで予約も簡単。
モーテル
Amazon.co.jp 1500円以上買うと国内配送無料。 予約DVD&TOP100は最大22%引
まだ間合う10月、USJの宿
www.fiftys.com/ 2名-8,400円、3名-9,450円(朝食付) 平面駐車なのでワンボックスもOK
ホテルの予約はこちら
yado.jtb.co.jp JTB取扱全国約4,500ホテル・旅館。 当日の宿泊予約も21時まで受付。
日本全国のホテル予約なら
www.yadoplaza.com 日本旅行の宿ぷらざでカンタン予約 100周年プランやお得宿泊プランも充実
ホテル旅館探し 全国版
www.8gods.com 日本全国の旅行ビジネスに最適 国内エリア別ホテル旅館宿泊予約
あなたのメッセージをここに。

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 24th October 2005, 05:24 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Yeah. I would have never purchased this domain based on the ovt. But I mean "motels." I don't exactly how many Japanese visitors there are to america, but most all of them must become aware of motels once they are here.

Thanks Dwrixon.
I like the looks of that. I'll start a us motel directory for visitors to every major city. A great person on another forum has a script for city, state searches. It think I will purchase it and start a few directories. Problem is I got already to many irons in the fire the way that it is ;D
Old 24th October 2005, 06:15 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Yeah. I would have never purchased this domain based on the ovt. But I mean "motels." I don't exactly how many Japanese visitors there are to america, but most all of them must become aware of motels once they are here.

Thanks Dwrixon.
I like the looks of that. I'll start a us motel directory for visitors to every major city. A great person on another forum has a script for city, state searches. It think I will purchase it and start a few directories. Problem is I got already to many irons in the fire the way that it is ;D
If you want to see what Adwords would appear in Tokyo, just register with a Anonymous Proxy Server in Japan, that will trick Google into displaying as if you are over there.

I think this is important, as the number of Adwords Listings is a good indicator of how much a click is worth and conversion rates are higher where there is more choice for the browser to click on.

Doing these searches answers the fundamental question of whether anyone is prepared to pay of these Keywords.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Old 24th October 2005, 06:33 PM

What is the one you use? I was looking and there are several. Just wanting to know one with good a good page load time as I have used some here that are horrible with loading pages.
Old 24th October 2005, 07:54 PM

Never mind found a whole list of them at

Japanese Proxies Link

I really like slimbrowser. It has a proxy built right into the browser, you don't have to download a ton of programs, just add the ip and port. Plus I can look at a ton of pages and not have a million explorers open.

Thanks
Sarcle
Old 24th October 2005, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Doing these searches answers the fundamental question of whether anyone is prepared to pay of these Keywords.
I would agree that is a great help to see ads on the page for a search on a domain. But I have noticed that some great keywords with huge google results and overture have no advertisements. I don't know the explanation for this, but I do know that isn't the only measure of wether to register a domain or not. Just my two cents.

Sarcle