IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   .ws domains question (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/10002-ws-domains-question.html)

burnsinternet 20th March 2007 03:14 AM

.ws domains question

I missed the big .ws gold rush, so I probably missed the threads about it. Is there a specific language for which .ws works better than other languages? For example, would it be better for Chinese domains than for Spanish?

IDNer 20th March 2007 03:21 AM

Re: .ws domains question

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsinternet
I missed the big .ws gold rush, so I probably missed the threads about it. Is there a specific language for which .ws works better than other languages? For example, would it be better for Chinese domains than for Spanish?

I don't have any Spanish dot WS, but the Chinese [中文.ws] I have just work fine.

Fka200 20th March 2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

That was one hell of a freakin' night. I still remember it, did Blast initiate the Gold Rush? I don't even remember but someone bought one and the crowd just went wild.....!

burnsinternet 20th March 2007 03:35 AM

I am going back through a list of "stuff to buy" and finding that the .tv or the .cc or the .ws is unregistered. Usually one or two of the three, but not all three. I have been preaching dot com, but have strayed to dot net, org, info but rarely .cc, .tv, or .ws. When I see that only one extension is left of something good, it is hard to resist buying up the last one.

How do .cc, .tv, or .ws compare in resale value? Development? I don't think I have seen a .ws, .cc, or .tv sell here unless it was ultrapremium.

tee1 20th March 2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

How do .cc, .tv, or .ws compare in resale value? Development? I don't think I have seen a .ws, .cc, or .tv sell here unless it was ultrapremium.

Ya it was a fun night... oh well. I can think of a couple of ultra premium .tvs but I don't remember any .cc or .ws selling. please post the thread if you do. I thought about posting a couple of .ws and .infos for sale just to see if anyone is interested.

Not sure if anyone is biting on anything but .com and cctlds. jmo.

tee1

thegenius1 20th March 2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tee1
Ya it was a fun night... oh well. I can think of a couple of ultra premium .tvs but I don't remember any .cc or .ws selling. please post the thread if you do. I thought about posting a couple of .ws and .infos for sale just to see if anyone is interested.

Not sure if anyone is biting on anything but .com and cctlds. jmo.

tee1

I think a few sold , i personally declined a few xxx offers for Flowers.ws

But after really thinking about it , its a domain i will never sell

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uman-woman.png

Bimbo 20th March 2007 03:45 AM

plz look at dyna:

1, 2 and 3-letter dot WS are available...

tee1 20th March 2007 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegenius1
I think a few sold , i personally declined a few xxx offers for Flowers.ws

But after really thinking about it , its a domain i will never sell

thank you and I don't blame you. It has great development potential. btw It was the first .tk I took. I like the way flowers looks in chinese. :)

tee1

thegenius1 20th March 2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tee1
thank you and I don't blame you. It has great development potential. btw It was the first .tk I took. I like the way flowers looks in chinese.

tee1

It is something i definitely see running a business on one day in the near future. Congrats on your pick up , because even flowers.mobi is worth 200k :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uman-woman.png

blastfromthepast 20th March 2007 04:46 AM

Well here is your chance to pick up some prime geographics in .ws....

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1000...-new-post.html

Olney 20th March 2007 04:48 AM

Whatever you buy, sell, or register just think of a target.
Other than this forum truthfully I wouldn't have known IDNs were available in the extension. Does your target user have access to have .ws in their own language?
It might not seem as a big deal to you now but it might later.

If you are going to develop yourself then it's a matter of what you want to represent your business.

mdw 20th March 2007 04:56 AM

I think the emperor hath no clothes! :eek:

(and yet I bought a few anyway)

blastfromthepast 20th March 2007 05:00 AM

Lets see... Osaka... 大阪.WS.... Is anyone in a position to buy 大阪.JP? No.

Not available! Even if you were Japanese. Even if you put million dollars on the table. Two million. Sorry. No.

zenmarketing 20th March 2007 05:22 AM

I bought 酒店.ws from Blast on this forum for $50 right after the rush. I'm pretty sure the thread was public.

Anyway, that's my only .ws, I don't plan on getting any more, but I am pretty happy with that purchase.

Olney 20th March 2007 05:46 AM

Just in case there was any misconception my post was in reference to the original question.
Realistically dot ac is also IDN compatible...