IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2007, 09:35 PM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point
How you copyright and registered a new product?

How you copyright and registered a new product in the US?

Can I do it myself?

How, Where?

How you Copyright?

How you Registered?

Thanks in advance.

Charrua.
Old 25th March 2007, 09:36 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: How you copyright and registered a new product?

http://www.copyright.gov/
http://www.uspto.gov/
Old 25th March 2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Thank you blastfromthepast.
Old 25th March 2007, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

You can't copyright a product.

When you speak of registering, do you mean filing a patent or a trademakr application.

Since you seem to be implying a patent, be aware that if you are not a US resident, you can only apply for a patent in the USA once you have the patent in your country of residence, and there are rules that apply whereas you have to file in the USA within a certain time after getting the patent in your home country.

There's also a rule regarding publically unveiling the product in your home country before applying for the patent in the USA.

Or something like that. IANAL YMMV etc etc.
Old 25th March 2007, 10:03 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

The rush to the patent office is on!

New IDNDetector™ (PATENT PENDING) enhances your IDN finding skills!

• Perfect for newbies!
• Find those valuable IDNs you've always wanted, but keep missing.
• Sensor flashes slowly when useless IDN detected.
• Flashes quickly when valuable IDN detected.
• Yellow warning light blinks when symbol IDN found.
• Compatible with IE7, and the latest Firefox build.
Old 25th March 2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
You can't copyright a product.

When you speak of registering, do you mean filing a patent or a trademakr application.

Since you seem to be implying a patent, be aware that if you are not a US resident, you can only apply for a patent in the USA once you have the patent in your country of residence, and there are rules that apply whereas you have to file in the USA within a certain time after getting the patent in your home country.

There's also a rule regarding publically unveiling the product in your home country before applying for the patent in the USA.

Or something like that. IANAL YMMV etc etc.
Yes I am a US Resident, and yes it is a patent sorry, I have to apply in my country anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
The rush to the patent office is on!

New IDNDetector™ (PATENT PENDING) enhances your IDN finding skills!

• Perfect for newbies!
• Find those valuable IDNs you've always wanted, but keep missing.
• Sensor flashes slowly when useless IDN detected.
• Flashes quickly when valuable IDN detected.
• Yellow warning light blinks when symbol IDN found.
• Compatible with IE7, and the latest Firefox build.
LOL

Last edited by Charrua; 25th March 2007 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26th March 2007, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

OK. If you're resident in the USA it's a LOT easier for you.

But you have to really know what you're doing to do it yourself, as doing so, you might end up with a very weak patent that is easily circumvented.

If it's worth patenting, it's worth paying for it to be done properly.
Old 26th March 2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
OK. If you're resident in the USA it's a LOT easier for you.

But you have to really know what you're doing to do it yourself, as doing so, you might end up with a very weak patent that is easily circumvented.

If it's worth patenting, it's worth paying for it to be done properly.
I know is very difficut, but this idea is very easy to make I just made two or three and write the rest as colors and textures, I have others that just are going to stay in my books for the moment.

Other thing to have in mind is never put any idea or design in your computer, to many hackers and download programs etc, etc, only in case.
Old 26th March 2007, 03:00 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrua
.....Other thing to have in mind is never put any idea or design in your computer, to many hackers and download programs etc, etc, only in case.
Use a thumb drive ... This not only applies to your situation but I have several thumbdrives with lists of my names at various registrars etc. Just in case all 3 internal hard drives and my 2 external ones suddenly decide to die at the same time.

They are very cheap here in Singapore .. About $13 USD per GB so well worth it as an extra layer of backup.