IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2007, 02:17 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Talking I think i LOVE this Picture !!!

Awesome !

http://www.deepseawater.tw/search/la...D%E6%96%87.com
Old 1st April 2007, 11:33 AM

bnb001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I think i LOVE this Picture !!!

i also love this Picture !!!

Chinese IDN.com is Awesome !
Old 1st April 2007, 12:34 PM

symatao is an unknown quantity at this point

great!!!!!!
Old 1st April 2007, 12:50 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

lovely )))))))))
Old 1st April 2007, 02:49 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say Awesome Again
Old 1st April 2007, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I got wood.
Old 1st April 2007, 04:46 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
I got wood.

LOL!
Old 1st April 2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I got wood.
IDN's have me like that in general , but this WHOA !
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:41 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

To me it just gives to the lie to the IDN.IDN or broke mob.

If this isn't IDN.ASCII in action then I don't know what is.

Posted by netizens on the Chinese mainland to use publicity -http domain : http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu/cisg/biblio/ferrari4.html. Apple Wang. com! This is a clothing factory in Jiangsu. name it is called - "Apple Wang Dress Company." Although the Company has used the domain name in English at : //www.pglong.cn/index.asp. it is still very brand conscious effort to separate and protect the domain name registration of Chinese domain names to protect, really impressive! The company briefed us on the web site about the following : Apple Wang Garment Co. Ltd. located in China 'Jiangsu Changshu city clothing. Its favorable geographical position, on the south by the Jervois two states, East Shanghai, Wuxi Karabakh. at the center of the Yangtze River Delta economic circle. The company is a suite design, production, sale and trade into an integrated Specialty apparel companies, particularly leisure men. Down Wear series of the most prominent. 'This bear directly on the wall of Chinese domain names at factory premises. Apple Wang. Com (simplified). really impressive, were seen passing through it to be hard to forget. Chinese propaganda and marketing more visual publicity and the power of television directly in the website or CD Advertising The company is also very easy to make people remember the Chinese domain name!

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 2nd April 2007 at 02:51 PM..
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:52 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

continuing the trend...

idn.idn - would give me wood
Japanese idn.ascii - lazy lob
Old 2nd April 2007, 03:56 PM

Continuing with the Trend !

http://www.deepseawater.tw/search/la...D%E6%96%87.com
Old 2nd April 2007, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
continuing the trend...

This is total bullshit!

There is no know representation of dot com in Chinese or Japanese, so in the interim they cannot advertise with it. The fact that they are spending money on it in the meantime indicates that they not only convinced that IDN are coming but IDN.com have a viable future. Maybe later they will get up there and spend more buck changing the sign. They obvious don't think this branding is going nowhere.

The point is it is dynamic environment, like surfing a wave tunnel, but the lazy lobs are those basking in the sun on the beach. The glory will go to those get stuck in like BAYER!
Old 2nd April 2007, 06:29 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
This is total bullshit!

There is no know representation of dot com in Chinese or Japanese, so in the interim they cannot advertise with it. The fact that they are spending money on it in the meantime indicates that they not only convinced that IDN are coming but IDN.com have a viable future. Maybe later they will get up there and spend more buck changing the sign. They obvious don't think this branding is going nowhere.

The point is it is dynamic environment, like surfing a wave tunnel, but the lazy lobs are those basking in the sun on the beach. The glory will go to those get stuck in like BAYER!
you may have missed the point by a few light years.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lazy+lob

Last edited by alpha; 2nd April 2007 at 06:38 PM..
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:47 PM
Veteran

Quote:
you may have missed the point by a few light years.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lazy+lob
Not as far you by all accounts. The language was Chinese!
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:56 PM
Semi-retired

oh dear.

it seems i have to spell it out.

Quote:
I got wood.
Quote:
continuing the trend...

Drew said that photo gives him a wood.

I said idn.idn would give me a wood, but idn.com still gives me a lazy lob.

in layman terms:

idn.idn would make me very excited
but idn.com still makes me excited, just not as much

are we not saying the same thing?

and anyway, i've learnt not to get into a duking match with you - you just wear me down until i can't be bothered to type anymore

edit:

one final thought.

this is all about idn.idn vs idn.com right?

who wants to bet me that that guy will not change his sign when idn.idn comes along?

would you? i damn well would!!

Last edited by alpha; 2nd April 2007 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:01 AM
Veteran

Yes, when IDN.IDN gets here IDN.com will get phased out.

But only in the way that it is presented to the public!
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:56 AM

Prodigy is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever guys. You see one sign of a minor manufacturer and you get wood? Put it in perspective.

RD, I see you posting up all these examples of ready built Chinese sites using .com, theres another side of the coin that you're not showing eh?

I've searched that "other side" before, other people should too.
Old 3rd April 2007, 02:01 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I wish I was a bit more knowledgable about the IDN.IDN situation -- I also tried to formulate my own ideas, but can't reach a logical conclusion.

I should just be reading transcripts on Icann's website, huh?
Old 3rd April 2007, 09:41 AM
Veteran

No, I haven't shown it on this occasion. This time I filtered out Dot CN on my search.

Yes, they are out there in huge numbers. Yes, there are a lot of high quality sites in dot CN also, but they are much more difficult to track down as there is much more "noise" on dot CN.

To be honest with just showing developed sites from China is going to be utter pointless from here on in, unless you have a very specific focus. You just don't walk along the beach saying "There is a grain of sand, and there is another one, and look over there.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaStar
Whatever guys. You see one sign of a minor manufacturer and you get wood? Put it in perspective.

RD, I see you posting up all these examples of ready built Chinese sites using .com, theres another side of the coin that you're not showing eh?

I've searched that "other side" before, other people should too.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:23 PM

Prodigy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No, I haven't shown it on this occasion. This time I filtered out Dot CN on my search.

Yes, they are out there in huge numbers. Yes, there are a lot of high quality sites in dot CN also, but they are much more difficult to track down as there is much more "noise" on dot CN.

To be honest with just showing developed sites from China is going to be utter pointless from here on in, unless you have a very specific focus. You just don't walk along the beach saying "There is a grain of sand, and there is another one, and look over there.....
You're absolutely right on the noise, when searching for .cn you need to have a little more patience because the mainlanders have sale sites set up on the majority of them.

As i've said before, it's a sit and wait game from here on out, particularly for .cn. We'll just have to see what's left standing by the end of this year.