View Single Post
Old 27th January 2008, 04:51 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: What Are Today's Opportunities Given Limited Funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf
As you well know, apart from a few tasty morcels, I fully admit that I missed the first boat but we still see that the next few boats are docked and queueing up to leave port very, very soon.

The beauty of domains for many is the incredible return on a hand registration.

So, assuming your strategy was to spend say $1000 on acquiring either fresh hand registrations or snapping up undervalued bargains in the secondary market, which countries and sectors would you aim for?

The reason I am asking is not only for my own personal reasons (!) but because I have some good influential contacts within the internet marketing community (lots of big hitters there, as in the domain world). I am currently pitching to them the idea of IDNs and, as you can imagine, many of them are astonished by this. There are additional benefits for them over and above speculation such as SEO value too.

I know that many of you may not care to convince people of the value of IDNs but a new breed of believers can certainly not do any harm to the IDN cause.

Maybe some of you can share some general advice in terms of countries to invest in or even market sectors based on where we are today, without giving away your trade secrets?

thanks
Watch the secondary market and 'shoot' when you feel confident (Don't be afraid to ask trusted members for advice on language, meaning, context etc) ... there are huge bargains available ... Otherwise just watch it all pass you by