View Single Post
Old 27th January 2008, 05:40 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Are there native end users protesting against IDNs?

I think you are talking to people that are likely to have their existing investments rendered useless. Those people are bound to have resentment, but arguments by people that are against IDN will raise awareness. End User will go with whatever works. For the average internet user IDN will work for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
I am just wondering how native end users around the world are reacting to the introduction of IDNs.

In Japan, we are not short of people who show clear resentment against the introduction of IDNs. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of blog articles about IDNs are against their introduction... The situation is worse in popular BBS like 2-channel. It is unfortunate that they cannot see the value in IDNs, but that's just how it is.

The thing I want to know is, how are the situations in other non-English speaking countries? Do people generally like IDNs? Are there people protesting against IDNs jut like in Japan? And if yes, why are people unhappy about IDNs? Of course, I am talking about those who at least know that IDNs do exist...

Any information is welcome, but country specific examples are especially appreciated. Thanks in advance.