View Single Post
Old 15th March 2006, 11:14 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: Future scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Traffic should reach a sensible proportion of comparable ASCII domains, which should push some of the better generics into Million per month, which is a far cry from 1-3 hits per day or even 50x current levels. Awareness and Content are going to the be two main drivers of traffic growth. If IDN actually starts to take over as the main URLs in Japan, China and Russia, you (Edwin) will make "The King" look like a rank amateur!
That's rather over-optimistic. I doubt there are even a dozen ASCII generics that get over 1 million PURE TYPEINS a month (with no "real" site, I mean, just parking pages). So the chances of seeing any IDN at that incredible level is zero. On the other hand, there's a loooooong way to go between here and there!

BTW, how are you getting a 15% CTR? Parking my Japanese IDN at NameDrive gives me an average of 4% CTR only...