IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Expired or Deleted Domains

IDN Expired or Deleted Domains Discussions about drops, deleted, or expired domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2007, 03:25 PM

ThisDot is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Is anyone interested in $15 backorders for IDNs?

Quote:
I'm currently operating a $15 backorder service. I don't offer IDNs at this point, but would like to gauge the interest level. Please let me know if you would be interested in this. Also let me know if you would like to backorder any non IDNs for $15 as this service is currently available.

Thanks,
David
IDN Backorders are now available!!!

Place orders in puny code and include the language for the lang. tag.

PM me or for more details check this thread:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1070...html#post67949

Thanks,
David

Last edited by ThisDot; 22nd April 2007 at 12:44 PM..
Old 19th April 2007, 07:25 AM

dnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dnnames
Re: Is anyone interested in $15 backorders for IDNs?

Greatly interested, however how does it operate?
Old 19th April 2007, 07:32 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnnames
Greatly interested, however how does it operate?
As in $15 *if* you get the name for me, or $15 just for trying?

Old 19th April 2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
As in $15 *if* you get the name for me, or $15 just for trying?

The service is not yet operational for IDN names. It is ready to go for non-IDNs. It is $15 only if successful. If enough people express an interest I will get it setup for IDNs. If you would be interested, please post here. Also it is only available for .com .net .org .biz .info and .us domains.

Thanks,
David
Old 19th April 2007, 12:03 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisDot
The service is not yet operational for IDN names. It is ready to go for non-IDNs. It is $15 only if successful. If enough people express an interest I will get it setup for IDNs. If you would be interested, please post here. Also it is only available for .com .net .org .biz .info and .us domains.

Thanks,
David
and you have the firepower to beat SnapNames to the catch?
Old 19th April 2007, 12:11 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
He would need the firepower to get names that Snaps have already secured before they "drop"! Snaps has the main IDN outlets in its pockets. I am not even sure they do competitive dropping anymore. I think they just mothballed the equipment when they signed up the registrars.
Old 19th April 2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I do occasionally catch names that snapnames is going after. I can also catch many names that you may not want to pay $60 each for, but would like to have for $15. Let me know if you would have any interest in my expanding into IDNs.

Thanks,
David
Old 19th April 2007, 01:37 PM

kleszcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ThisDot. I've recently bought several good names from him and definitely worth trying.
Old 19th April 2007, 01:41 PM
Semi-retired

excuse my cynicism, but

a) if it's not worth $60, it's not worth anything

b) if it is worth something and you catch it, why would you sell it at $15
Old 19th April 2007, 01:53 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I do occasionally catch names that snapnames is going after. I can also catch many names that you may not want to pay $60 each for, but would like to have for $15. Let me know if you would have any interest in my expanding into IDNs.

Thanks,
David

Question: What happens if 2 person ordered the name from you?

Everyday, there are so few idns worth catching in the first place, probably a handful a day, at $15, there will probably be a dozen guys going after each name, how are you going to handle this?

This is not like ASCII where there are tens of thousands of names and people catch junk.
Old 19th April 2007, 01:55 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

It could be the old problem of not charging enough so people don't value you properly, but my only experience of a very cheap catching service was Godaddy.

What did they catch? Not a bloody cold!
Old 19th April 2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Question: What happens if 2 person ordered the name from you?

Everyday, there are so few idns worth catching in the first place, probably a handful a day, at $15, there will probably be a dozen guys going after each name, how are you going to handle this?

This is not like ASCII where there are tens of thousands of names and people catch junk.
It is handled on a first come, first served basis. If someone has already ordered a name I would respond to the second person and let them know that the name is already taken. This happens with ASCII domains as well.
Old 19th April 2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
excuse my cynicism, but

a) if it's not worth $60, it's not worth anything

a) I understand that everyone has a different prospective on what is valuable and what is not. If you don't like dealing with low profit domains, that is fine, but if you can buy domains for $15 and sell them for $30 you are doubling your money which is worth alot to many people.

b) The reason I am willing to sell domains for $15 is because you are the one doing the research to find the valuable names and I am focusing on catching them. I make a little bit of profit of each name without having to spend time researching them.

Quote:
Maybe you should look at areas where there is a gap in the market, and not already dominated by major monolopolies. ie. the .JP market - from what I understand it is wide open and is the playground of a handful of manual catchers.
Thanks for the tip. I am planning on expanding into country code domains, but am spending alot of time catching domains in the major extensions at the moment. IDNs in the main ext. will be an easier transition first due to pricing, etc. I will be sure to let everyone know if and when I do begin offering services in other extensions. What extensions would everyone be interested in? The obvious first choices would be .co.uk .de and .jp, any others?

Last edited by ThisDot; 19th April 2007 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19th April 2007, 02:27 PM

grubstaker is an unknown quantity at this point

When do you suspect this service to start?
Old 19th April 2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubstaker
When do you suspect this service to start?
It is currently available for ASCII domains. If the interest is strong, it could be operational for IDNs by the begining of next month. Anyone that is interested, be sure and post here so I can gauge the level of interest.
Old 19th April 2007, 02:34 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
What extensions would everyone be interested in? The obvious first choices would be .co.uk .de and .jp, any others?
far be it from me to lecture you, but it sounds like you are happy dealing in scraps that are only available because no one else wanted them.

You would be far better moving into a market with little competition, where there is demand for such a service.

I can tell you that .co.uk is monopolised by scripters - you will need some hefty firepower to compete there.

I don't know the .de market
Old 19th April 2007, 03:02 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
as am really interseted in this service, but a q. in my mind want to have answer forand I found it posted by alpha. I have a couple of question may be very important to be answered here:
1- as I didn't see a website for the service posted here, I suppose you will provide this service through mails or so .. what if I did a search to found a name and asked you to snap it and you told me its being backordered by some one else, while nobody did .. then I made the search you snapped the name and sell it as you like and nothing to prove in this case.
2- lets suppose a great name like (realestate.com) for example will drop and I backordered it from you and name snaped by you .. why you have to give it for me for 15$ while you can sell it for more $$$??
just a little of thing to think in before trying such a service, I may try your service soon with ascii names to see

*alpha, congrats on new nice avatar
Old 19th April 2007, 03:09 PM
Veteran

So you don't believe in Santa Claus, but you do did believe in the Tooth Fairy, or did I get that the wrong way around?
Old 19th April 2007, 03:35 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

I will place 100 orders each day at $15 per name if you are willing to pay me $1 for each name you fail to catch. This way, I would not waste my time for nothing and the $1 compensation will force you to improve your catch power. Deal?

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 19th April 2007, 03:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
I will place 100 orders each day at $15 per name if you are willing to pay me $1 for each name you fail to catch. This way, I would not waste my time for nothing and the $1 compensation will force you to improve your catch power. Deal?
Now you really do believe in the Tooth Fairy!