IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2007, 12:19 PM

lixie is an unknown quantity at this point
IdnNow.com is banned by China net.

IDN.com can't be accessed in IE6.

转码IP被屏蔽 数万.com中文域名不能访问

http://home.donews.com/donews/article/1/113060.html
Old 18th April 2007, 12:22 PM

Prodigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IdnNow.com is banned by China net.

heh heh heh... I think I can see what's coming...

Last edited by Prodigy; 18th April 2007 at 12:28 PM..
Old 18th April 2007, 12:36 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaStar
heh heh heh... I think I can see what's coming...
what do you see in the tealeaves CS?
Old 18th April 2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
what do you see in the tealeaves CS?
Why don't you PM me and we can discuss.
Old 18th April 2007, 12:41 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

No fear, i'm now offering a cut loss before it is too late solution - please send me your idn.com/.net list, max buy price $300 for .com and $60 for .net.

Only names with Google trends AND a minimum of 3 Google.cn ads will be considered - please do not send me lesser names.

This is a serious offer.
Old 18th April 2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Only names with Google trends AND a minimum of 3 Google.cn ads will be considered - please do not send me lesser names.
What's the point when nobody is going to be able to enter the website to click on your ads touch?

I've got a better offer: List of .CN names for sale, interested parties must be willing to spend 5k and over!
Old 18th April 2007, 12:52 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Why don't you PM me and we can discuss.
So is this a rumour to propagated by whisphers or a story that is going to be subjected to objective analysis?
Old 18th April 2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
So is this a rumour to propagated by whisphers or a story that is going to be subjected to objective analysis?
What I think about ccTLD versus TLD is controversial to users here and is just cause for abuse.

For me it is not so much a case of convincing, as a case for discussion, however too many cooks spoil the soup!

I'd love to discuss with you as well if you're interested.
Old 18th April 2007, 01:00 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

lets get this discussion out in the open.

i'll start it off.

So the theory is that the Chinese meddling internet police have/or will very soon block all IDN.com traffic.

why?

to further stengthen the grip of IDN.cn which is being promoted to death right now.

it would certainly do away with all those evil .com domain names they can't control

discuss..

[and for the record I have over 400 chinese domain .coms and thousands tied up in investment, so there is no hidden agenda from me - I just want open debate]
Old 18th April 2007, 01:06 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nah, lets keep it a secret, who on earth would want to debate something like this.

Wot do you think this forum is for? discussion and debate and sharing info with peers - nah
Old 18th April 2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Nah, lets keep it a secret, who on earth would want to debate something like this.

Wot do you think this forum is for? discussion and debate and sharing info with peers - nah
Somethings we sweep under the table or push into that dark closet underneath the stairs like a red-haired step child
Old 18th April 2007, 01:14 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixie
IDN.com can't be accessed in IE6.

转码IP被屏蔽 数万.com中文域名不能访问

http://home.donews.com/donews/article/1/113060.html
All nonsense!

IE6 VeriSign plug-in is disabled by Microsoft to promote IE7. China has never blocked and will never blocked VeriSign because China and VeriSign are partners in building China's internet.

Don't post ignorant comments with malicious intent!

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 18th April 2007, 01:17 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I think that Chinastar was trying to suggest that they would block dot com so that only dot CN would be used.

For control of the Internet, why would they need to do that? If the Chinese wanted their own introspective internet they could do that tomorrow without any of the theatrics. The point is they don't, otherwise they would not be engaging with ICANN to try to resolve IDN.IDN. They just would not need to.

Does China need to control the DNAME name register to controll the content on the Internet? Clearly no and even if they did they would need to block all ASCII.com which clearly they have made absolutely no attempt to do so.

With a 1 Trillion plus reserve balance that is growing exponentially, does China rely heavily on the small amount of cash that CNNIC generates? Well if you think that then you clearly have no comprehension of what is going on.

Are there issues of national pride at stake? Yes, very clearly there are. But the issue has always been about language and script to a much greater degree than who acts as the registry for the domain names. No doubt they would like to see dot CN widely used. Are they so desperate to achieve that they will go to extent of banning dot com?

Well if you want the answer to las question to be Yes, and you want to win the debate, then it is best to hold in private with a small clique who have the same vested interests as yourself. That way you will stand a much better chance of being able to convince yourself you are right.
Old 18th April 2007, 01:19 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest and is, from the Chinese goverment perspective a wise and prudent decision. Not really known for freedom of information now, are they? And, the millions of Yuan they stand to make from it I would imagine has little or nothing to do with it

Something I said 2 days ago was ominously close to this
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1058...-dns-root.html
Old 18th April 2007, 01:25 PM
Veteran

Tinkering around like this, however, is totally unnecessary. If they want people in China to only be able to visit dot CN sites they can do this tomorrow, without any real difficulty. Putting a logical argument into the resolution process such as .CN=> TRUE and .COM => FALSE would be very easy, but it would affect all the dot COM ASCII sites, as well. These sites, however, seem to be aloof from the restrictive ideological imperialism that you are referring to. Could this be because it is just paranoid rubbish?
Old 18th April 2007, 01:31 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

These negative news have been posted on Chinese forums everyday since 2000. They are written by Dot CN domainers and they have all been proved just rumours.

I challenge anyone to prove that China has ever blocked VeriSign even a minute since 2000.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 18th April 2007, 01:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
What's the point when nobody is going to be able to enter the website to click on your ads touch?

Well, i am willing to take the risk. When i started buying chinese .coms in dec 05, i didn't even know if they were intermitently blocked by the great firewall as sedo stats fluctuated wildly. :o
Old 18th April 2007, 01:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:

I've got a better offer: List of .CN names for sale, interested parties must be willing to spend 5k and over!
Yes, which is of course were this was always leading in the first place. :o

Have you ever asked yourself why most IDN.com holders don't feel the need to constantly pass comment on dot CN domains?
Old 18th April 2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:

My offer is better - you can actually get back some money. :p
Old 18th April 2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Well if you want the answer to las question to be Yes, and you want to win the debate, then it is best to hold in private with a small clique who have the same vested interests as yourself. That way you will stand a much better chance of being able to convince yourself you are right.
I don't need a small clique RD, time will tell whether I was right or wrong. The verdict is not out yet, but I stick to what my acumen tells me.

Quote:
Yes, which is of course were this was always leading in the first place. :o

Have you ever asked yourself why most IDN.com holders don't feel the need to constantly pass comment on dot CN domains?
It's a crime to sell .cn now? Heh, dude you get more ridiculous by the day.

To answer your second question, yes. But I bet you that the answer would upset alot of you.

Like I said, be patient and wait for the verdict before you start blowing your horns. I've provided alot of data to back up what i've been saying about .CN domains and I continue to stick to what i've seen and analyzed. Go over the previous threads and look through the stats and information articles i've put up. They aren't written by me, i'm only the messenger.

Last edited by Prodigy; 18th April 2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost