View Single Post
Old 16th March 2006, 05:16 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: ICANN Announces Timeline for Development of a Project for the Technical Test of Inter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIDNer
Yes, I agree, it's all good . I'm happy just to have the IDN.com. Progress is being made.

I just wanted to understand the different approaches from a technical angle and what it meant if one were implemented over the other. Though of course they may both be implemented in some form (the .com IDN dnamed, New .IDN tld labeled).

I guess I'm just making sure that the Dname approach is the only way to make IDN.com <-> IDN.IDN work (at least of the two approaches being considered).
Yes, Icann's lack of layman's terms is something they are probably proud of.

Sounds like both will be implemented in time. Of course it would be excellent if someone would send this memo to Verisign for reassuring.

As far as making idn.com and idn.idn the same or something different. They can't really test something that isn't on the market. IDN.com is the only thing that everyone has in all languages. It's taken them over 5 years to get to this point. Now imagine if they had to create an alternate .com in all languages and test it "en masse" by 3rd quarter this year. I don't see that happening.