IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2007, 08:57 AM

DutchCook is an unknown quantity at this point
Spanish and Portuguese domains

Spanish:

ubicación.net
xn--ubicacin-13a.net
(location, position)

profesión.net
xn--profesin-13a.net
(profession)

transacción.net
xn--transaccin-obb.net
(transaction, deal, trade)

Non-idn (for the native Spanish, are they worth keeping? I have a grace period but it's not going to last for long)

puesto.mobi
puesto.biz
puesto.org

(translation: puesto2 m
1 a (lugar, sitio) place; cada uno que ocupe su puesto (to your) places, everyone!, positions, everyone!; no pudo
ir y me mandó en su puesto she couldn’t go so she sent me in her place
b (en una clasificación) place, position; siempre saca el primer puesto de su clase she always comes top o
(AmE) comes out top of the class
2 (empleo) position, job; tiene un buen puesto en la empresa she has a good position o job in the company; ha
quedado vacante un puesto de mecanógrafa there is now a vacancy for a typist; ¿te salió el puesto en esa
editorial? did you get the job with that publishing company?; no es un puesto fijo it isn’t a permanent job o
position

puesto de trabajo (empleo) job; (Inf) workstation)

predio.mobi
predio.biz

predios.mobi
predios.biz
predios.info

(translation: predio m (esp AmL frml)
a (terreno) piece of land; predios land; en los predios or en el predio de la universidad in the university
grounds, on the university campus
b (local) premises (pl) )

oficio.mobi
oficio.biz

(translation: oficio m
1 a (trabajo) trade; era carpintero de oficio he was a carpenter by trade; aprender un oficio to learn a trade; ser
del oficio (fam) to be a hooker (sl), to be on the game (BrE colloq); Þgajes
b (experiencia, habilidad adquirida): un actor con mucho oficio an experienced o accomplished actor; sin oficio
ni beneficio: un vago sin oficio ni beneficio a lazy bum (AmE colloq), a good-for-nothing layabout (BrE)
2 a (comunicación oficial) official letter; despachar or mandar un oficio to send an official letter; tamaño oficio
(Col, CS) foolscap
b (Der) de oficio court-appointed (before n); un abogado de oficio a court-appointed counsel, a lawyer
appointed by the court
3 (Relig) service, office; los oficios de Semana Santa the Holy Week services o offices; Þsanto1

oficio de difuntos mass o office for the dead

4 (Arquit) utility room)

efectos.mobi
efectos.biz

efecto.mobi

(translation: efecto m
1 (resultado, consecuencia) effect; el castigo surtió efecto the punishment had the desired effect; las medidas
no han producido el efecto deseado (frml) the measures have not had the desired effect; un calmante de
efecto inmediato a fast-acting painkiller; ya ha empezado a hacerle efecto la anestesia the anesthetic has
begun to work o to take effect; bajo los efectos del alcohol under the influence of alcohol; medidas para
paliar los efectos de la sequía measures to alleviate the effects of the drought; la operación se llevó a
efecto con gran rapidez (frml) the operation was carried out extremely swiftly; de efecto retardado ‹
bomba/mecanismo › delayed-action (before n); soy de efectos retardados (hum) I’m a bit slow on the uptake
(hum)

efecto bumerán: puede tener un efecto bumerán it may boomerang o backfire
efecto invernadero greenhouse effect
efecto óptico optical illusion
efecto retroactivo: la ley no tendrá efecto retroactivo the law will not be retroactive o retrospective; el
aumento se aplicará con efecto retroactivo the increase will be backdated
efecto secundario side effect
efectos especiales mpl special effects (pl)
efectos sonoros mpl sound effects (pl)

a (Fin) (valores) bill of exchange, draft; efectos negociables commercial paper
b efectos mpl (frml) (de un comercio) stock; (de un local) contents (pl) )

Portuguese:

ofício.com
ofício.net
ofício.info
ofício.biz

prédio.net
prédio.biz
prédio.info

Thx for your time and input.
Grts Dutch

Last edited by DutchCook; 24th April 2007 at 09:06 AM..
Old 24th April 2007, 09:11 AM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: Spanish and Portuguese domains

It depends on what you want with the domains.

Spanish .nets for the most part will not receive much traffic, but have potential end-user value.

Portuguese idns are useless. Better off spending that money in the pub. But, if you are not convinced I am more than happy to sell you prédio.com to complete your useless collection
Old 24th April 2007, 09:26 AM

DutchCook is an unknown quantity at this point

thx,

are they so bad, Portuguese idn's? :p
And in the future? or to much interest for .com.br?
Old 24th April 2007, 05:27 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
Portuguese idns are useless. Better off spending that money in the pub. But, if you are not convinced I am more than happy to sell you prédio.com to complete your useless collection
I am Portuguese. I have many Portuguese IDNs. Portuguese secundary market for domains is almost non-existant. Only one to two years ago, it was the same for the Spanish secundary market. In the last year only, 5 or 6 blogs and two Spanish forums for domainers appeared and that created the market. I expect that to happen soon to Portuguese domain market also.

In the meanwhile, many of my parked Portuguese IDNs pay for themselves.
Old 24th April 2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Only problem for portuguese gTLD IDN's is that com.br is dominant in Brasil.