IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2006, 04:37 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Still fruit on the .jp vine

So tonight I was mining in the .jp extension and was not surprised to find
ニューヨーク.jp "new york" already taken. And I totally get why ミシシッピー.jp "mississippi" would still be available say. But I WAS surprised that I could still reg カリフォルニア.jp "california" and フロリダ.jp "florida" with both .com and .net brethren already taken.

So those of you with skills in Japanese and brand new to IDNs, pondering whether you are too late don't worry. Jump in now, there is still plenty of opportunity!
Old 24th February 2006, 04:59 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Still fruit on the .jp vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
So tonight I was mining in the .jp extension and was not surprised to find
ニューヨーク.jp "new york" already taken. And I totally get why ミシシッピー.jp "mississippi" would still be available say. But I WAS surprised that I could still reg カリフォルニア.jp "california" and フロリダ.jp "florida" with both .com and .net brethren already taken.

So those of you with skills in Japanese and brand new to IDNs, pondering whether you are too late don't worry. Jump in now, there is still plenty of opportunity!

Have you checked countries? Are all country.jp taken? After country, it will be state, after state, cities,
Old 24th February 2006, 05:12 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Have you checked countries? Are all country.jp taken? After country, it will be state, after state, cities,
Can somebody with some knowledge on the above give me a Educated breakdown of the type of money these country states and citites can generate ?
Old 24th February 2006, 05:24 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Can somebody with some knowledge on the above give me a Educated breakdown of the type of money these country states and citites can generate ?
Thats a tough one to say right now as we have to wait for IE7 first
Old 24th February 2006, 05:46 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Thats a tough one to say right now as we have to wait for IE7 first
How much have coutries citys and states sold for in acsi ? From what i have seen in a few cases they sell for a good bit.. Anybody have a link where the most expensive country city, state domains are listed ?
Old 24th February 2006, 06:10 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
How much have coutries citys and states sold for in acsi ? From what i have seen in a few cases they sell for a good bit.. Anybody have a link where the most expensive country city, state domains are listed ?
You are comparing apples and oranges tho as you're talking about u.s. cities and states... sure maybe NYC may be worth alot but it isn't the same for all regions

U.S. cities/states go for alot in ascii as they are in english and they are u.s. cities so many u.s. buyers want them... I'm sure the ones in other languages would be good for travel agencies but wouldn't fetch as much.

I own northcarolina.tv (premium) and will probably hold onto it and wait out the rush.
Old 24th February 2006, 06:24 AM
Veteran

Is this the one you said you were paying $500 a year for? Sometimes i wonder why verisign reserved so many latin.tv names but forgot about idn.tv completely.

It's good they forgot, just that the drop services, so people like us will have the opportunity.
Old 24th February 2006, 08:32 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No there are still plenty of opportunities left. Just yesterday, I nabbed 7 countries, 2 cities, and 1 state (I suppose it's a state). All Japanese tourist destinations and all reasonably high max bids on overture. Mostly in Europe a few across Oceana. Still far too much available for me to gobble up by myself!
Old 24th February 2006, 08:46 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
No there are still plenty of opportunities left. Just yesterday, I nabbed 7 countries, 2 cities, and 1 state (I suppose it's a state). All Japanese tourist destinations and all reasonably high max bids on overture. Mostly in Europe a few across Oceana. Still far too much available for me to gobble up by myself!
Countries would be good investment.
Old 24th February 2006, 11:32 AM

huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point

Related to cities and countries, i have

Paraguay.com in japanese
Pakistan.com in japanese
and Florida.com in chinese

Also the other japanese cities .tv
Old 24th February 2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Is this the one you said you were paying $500 a year for? Sometimes i wonder why verisign reserved so many latin.tv names but forgot about idn.tv completely.

It's good they forgot, just that the drop services, so people like us will have the opportunity.
Yes but I do find it to be a nice domain however.... good for a .tv when it becomes popular as NC is still being developed further, nice tourism etc