IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2007, 01:05 AM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point
IDN .biz question?

IDN .biz question?

When you register Traditional Chinese you get the Simplified Chinese too?

I have check some of my T Chinese .biz and some S Chinese .biz and i register only one version of them in some cases; and the two version appear on my name and when i check the IDNs in the browser they are there both TC and SC, in some cases whois only show Not found: bla bla bla.

What is going on?

Thanks.

Last edited by Charrua; 27th April 2007 at 01:56 AM..
Old 27th April 2007, 02:08 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: IDN .biz question?

Here: http://www.circleid.com/posts/chines...se_idn_in_biz/
Old 27th April 2007, 02:12 AM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Thank you Jose.

Now how i fix all that with the parking?

Take a look: 上网.biz and 上網.biz how i park this like one or two and if it is one why appear in each lenguage like TC and SC and not are just redirected?
Don't get me wrong for me is better but the parking are going to pay for both?

I have to check all SC and TC of my domains and park them, or just one?

Last edited by Charrua; 27th April 2007 at 02:22 AM..
Old 27th April 2007, 02:13 AM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jose, nice article, I found this part quite interesting.
"So, how does it work? Well, suppose you registered 電車.biz with the Chinese language tag, you will automatically get the simplified version of the domain, 电车.biz, placed into the DNS for you. No one can register any combination of variants of the domain, e.g. 电車.biz and 電车.biz.

What if you registered a mixed version 電车.biz, also with the Chinese tag? Well, you get that PLUS 電車.biz (traditional) and 电车.biz (simplified) giving you 3 domains in total! That is because we respect the registrant’s request, even if it looks like a mixed- traditional and simplified string. Whatever you asked for, if it doesn’t clash with another registered domain, will always be given to you.

If, however, the Japanese tag was used to register 電車.biz, that would be the only domain that you’d get. Once that is registered, other variations of the domain name in Chinese will not be allowed to register. This is a slight deviation from JPRS’s appraoch, which treats them as distinct domains. We feel that this conservative approach offers better protection for the registrant."

So that was the skinny on our Chinese and Japanese Internationalized Domain Names offering. Is it me or do Han characters look very good with .BIZ? =)"
Old 27th April 2007, 02:32 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1
Thanks Jose, nice article, I found this part quite interesting.
"So, how does it work? Well, suppose you registered 電車.biz with the Chinese language tag, you will automatically get the simplified version of the domain, 电车.biz, placed into the DNS for you. No one can register any combination of variants of the domain, e.g. 电車.biz and 電车.biz.

What if you registered a mixed version 電车.biz, also with the Chinese tag? Well, you get that PLUS 電車.biz (traditional) and 电车.biz (simplified) giving you 3 domains in total! That is because we respect the registrant’s request, even if it looks like a mixed- traditional and simplified string. Whatever you asked for, if it doesn’t clash with another registered domain, will always be given to you.

If, however, the Japanese tag was used to register 電車.biz, that would be the only domain that you’d get. Once that is registered, other variations of the domain name in Chinese will not be allowed to register. This is a slight deviation from JPRS’s appraoch, which treats them as distinct domains. We feel that this conservative approach offers better protection for the registrant."

So that was the skinny on our Chinese and Japanese Internationalized Domain Names offering. Is it me or do Han characters look very good with .BIZ? =)"
Cr@p. I don't remember if I used the Chinese language tag.
Old 27th April 2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Apologies to Adam Sandler, but this is information I really could have done with BEFORE the registry switched on CJ .biz.

Bummer when you pick Japanese as the language to register 東京biz only to find out a few days later that if you'd selected Chinese instead, you would have got 東京.biz included for free!

Anyone with diplomacy skills willing to approach the registry to find out if they will allow language tag changes?