IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2007, 07:08 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone also in the tropics experiencing a cooler and stormy year?

Has anyone here also living in the tropics experiencing a cooler and stormy year? This year is definitely the coolest year i've experienced in a decade. Raining all the time.

Anyone got that experience also?

Ok, i know, it's dry in Australia.
Old 5th May 2007, 08:53 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anyone also in the tropics experiencing a cooler and stormy year?

El Niño.

Yes, and it has already gone.
Old 5th May 2007, 09:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
El Niño.

Yes, and it has already gone.

What happens to US Gulf states when there is El Niño? If there are storms, I think it is going to be serious this year looking at the strenghth of the monsoons.
Old 5th May 2007, 09:11 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Don't know.

I know Grey Whales have been starving off the West Coast of the US and that one possible explanation is the the brewing El Nino had disrupted the food supplies by dramatic changes in water temperatures, but they were not totally sure that was the cause.
Old 5th May 2007, 09:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Don't know.

I know Grey Whales have been starving off the West Coast of the US and that one possible explanation is the the brewing El Nino had disrupted the food supplies by dramatic changes in water temperatures, but they were not totally sure that was the cause.

Yes, i remembered, 1998 El Nino, lots of forest fires, smoke everywhere, in fact, Northern Thailand just experienced that 2 mths back. This time might be worst than 1998.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Yes, i remembered, 1998 El Nino, lots of forest fires, smoke everywhere, in fact, Northern Thailand just experienced that 2 mths back. This time might be worst than 1998.
All minor stuff compared with the Earthquake that is about to hit the Japanese Internet.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:23 AM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all !

This all very serious.

1999 in France: the Big Storm, thousands trees on the ground.

2003 in Europe: heat wave, High temperature => 15.000 died, 30.000 I think in all South Europe. Especially old people. A big shock here.

2006 in Portugal : thousands fire of forest everywhere

2007 in Italia: DRY DRY DRY !

In Africa, in Madagascar (pacific coast) that I know especially, they begin to have typhoon they never had before !

Idem in Brazilia, and in South America.

This is ALL VERY serious

If you not yet seen the Al Gore movie, you must do.(an unconvenient true)
No politic here, I don't know him and I don't care, but I know the facts are true.

And it's very worrying...

Regards
Old 5th May 2007, 11:34 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
All minor stuff compared with the Earthquake that is about to hit the Japanese Internet.
LOL- good one.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:01 PM
Veteran

Perhaps someone should tell Dubya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L@@K
Hi all !

This all very serious.

1999 in France: the Big Storm, thousands trees on the ground.

2003 in Europe: heat wave, High temperature => 15.000 died, 30.000 I think in all South Europe. Especially old people. A big shock here.

2006 in Portugal : thousands fire of forest everywhere

2007 in Italia: DRY DRY DRY !

In Africa, in Madagascar (pacific coast) that I know especially, they begin to have typhoon they never had before !

Idem in Brazilia, and in South America.

This is ALL VERY serious

If you not yet seen the Al Gore movie, you must do.(an unconvenient true)
No politic here, I don't know him and I don't care, but I know the facts are true.

And it's very worrying...

Regards
Old 5th May 2007, 01:12 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Dubya is living his own personal hell with Iraq. No time to worry about El Niño.
Old 5th May 2007, 01:18 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Dubya is living his own personal hell with Iraq. No time to worry about El Niño.
Yes, the only problem is that he does it by proxy with other people's lives. Perhaps he should put his own on the line more often, then the man who has really been in charge all along might get the opportunity to step up to the block.

Might I suggest a meet and greet in downtown Bagdad.
Old 5th May 2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

El niño failed to trigger this year, so we are expecting an active hurricane season here in the Caribbean.

Weather was definitely different. Spoke to people who had lived here for 15 years and they said they'd never seen anything like it.

Previously, for 9 months of the year, it was cloudless skys, with a couple of tropical thunderstorms rolling through each day. Good for tourism.

Last year, we had days where it was overcast all day - never seen that here before, on the caribbean OR pacific coasts.

Australia is apparently not looking good either...

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com/20...t-extreme.html

We can thank the denialists access to the media for the lack of movement from what SHOULD be the country leading the fight. Karl Rove carries the blame for a lot of the world's woes right now.