View Single Post
Old 5th March 2008, 02:56 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
Transferring .jp from Japanese registrar to jp-domains

I am thinking of selling some of my IDN.jp on the forum. But, one problem is that all my .jp names are currently at my value-domain account and I believe most of you are using jp-domains.

I know there is a way to transfer .jp names from value-domain to jp-domains, but I don't know how complicated it is and how long the transfer process takes...

Most of my .jp names are under one registration number, so I understand that if I want to transfer just one name, that name has to be renewed by a receiptent. Am I correct about this?

If anyone here has an experience buying a .jp name from a user of Japanese registrar and receiving it at jp-domains, could you please explain how easy it is? One thing I am pazzled about is the lack of authentification key for .jp domains. I wonder what method is used by the system to verify the original owner of a .jp domain...