IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2007, 08:32 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever wondered so many .cn u WHOIS are reg'ed for 10 yrs? Read this report (chinese)

http://info.jrj.com.cn/news/2007-05-...11120_001.html

Babel - http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...002211120.html

Note: The babel translation is terrible.
Old 9th May 2007, 08:39 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Ever wondered so many .cn u WHOIS are reg'ed for 10 yrs? Read this report (chinese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
not easy the translation is. make sense you can Touch ?

LMAO, i understood this bit: But another has registered a .... well-known enterprise brand domain name ... also therefore is sued, not only lost the domain name, but also is decided compensates the opposite party 30,000 Yuan losses.

These examples are more and more many, let Mr. Cheng tremble with fear.

Last edited by alpha; 9th May 2007 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 9th May 2007, 08:51 AM
Veteran

Re: Ever wondered so many .cn u WHOIS are reg'ed for 10 yrs? Read this report (chine

I just glanced thru it, seems that they are selling chinese domains as a form of investment via direct marketing, like timeshare. They will get their buyers to register dozens of names for like 10 years, and reap profit from it. When the buyers try to offload their names on the market, they couldn't, and shout scam.

For the babel translation, take note that "inscription ten thousand information technologies limited company", and "inscription ten thousand", "ten thousand", etc is the name of the registrar.

Last edited by touchring; 9th May 2007 at 08:56 AM..
Old 9th May 2007, 08:57 AM
Semi-retired

Re: Ever wondered so many .cn u WHOIS are reg'ed for 10 yrs? Read this report (chinese)

it's little suprising they are getting sued registering those brand names, but the question is, is the marketing company advising these registrants to buy these brand names in the first place?
Old 9th May 2007, 08:59 AM
Veteran

Re: Ever wondered so many .cn u WHOIS are reg'ed for 10 yrs? Read this report (chine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
it's little suprised there are getting sued registering those brnad names, but the question is, is the marketing company advising these registrants to buy these brand names in the first place

I've seen a chinese guy on eachnic with like 1000+ company names, seems that this method is more popular than registering generics.
Old 9th May 2007, 09:33 AM
Semi-retired

from that report i came to the following conclusions:

this registrar is presurising the sale of 10 yr regs

Chinese registrants default reaction is to reg brand names, and guess what they are getting their arses sued

the registrar is selling the dream of real value and profit to be made NOW

after buying, the registrants are trying to flip for immediate profit and are not able to and thus are facing unsustainable debts

the reporter is undecided on whether there is future value in chinese domain names, and that if there is, it is not now, as we are in a "cold winter", in other words its a long term investment

thats my intepretation of the Yoda translation. anyone else?
Old 9th May 2007, 09:50 AM
Veteran

Basically, pressure selling.

Quote:
from that report i came to the following conclusions:

this registrar is presurising the sale of 10 yr regs

Chinese registrants default reaction is to reg brand names, and guess what they are getting their arses sued
Did i read somewhere that .cn trademark claims cannot be made if the name is registered for more than 2 years?

Quote:

after buying, the registrants are trying to flip for immediate profit and are not able to and thus are facing unsustainable debts
Unlikely they will be in debt - mostly likely lost their retirement fund.

Last edited by touchring; 9th May 2007 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 9th May 2007, 01:57 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

No, I think you have got the wrong. I think there is no equivalent of UDRP after 2 years. That does not mean that you cannot get your arse sued into a sling over Trademark violations. Two different animals.