View Single Post
Old 30th December 2005, 08:26 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just discovered this. Got me a little worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Great question and discussion. It answers quite a bit that I've been wondering also.

So there won't be the need to switch from chinese input to english to append the .com then right?

i.e. I thought to type 成都.com you had to:
1) Type using Chinese input 成都
2) Switch to english to type .com

Little plug and you've got me curious with the "Sold" beside it, nice sale I bet

Cheers,
Chris
The keyboard switch is not something you should worry about. IDN.IDN will be implemented in 2006 without much doubt. The first level will just be an Alias of existing registery so dot com will appear in Chinese Characters and so will any other extension that supports Chinese characters.

If you are referring to "Chengdu" dot com. This domain is being sold knowingly below its true worth to try and get the market rolling. OK my mark-up is something like12,000% but this domain will be worth at least ten times that amount in two years and possibly 100x within 5 years. The sale of the domain is all linked in with trying to get a publicity plug which is why it is being sold for a mere 2K. I doubt the buyer would sell if you offered double that amount tomorrow.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon