IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2007, 01:20 AM

duskdawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to duskdawn Send a message via AIM to duskdawn Send a message via MSN to duskdawn Send a message via Yahoo to duskdawn Send a message via Skype™ to duskdawn
Arrow Is NameRich Good? Compared to Dopa...

Hi guys,
Haven't been here for a while and it seems namerich is emerging as a good option for Chinese traffic name parking. Anyone tried it please share your experiences with us.
Thank you.
BTW, I am currently using dopa, so if you have used both, your opinion are greatly welcome.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:25 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Is NameRich Good? Compared to Dopa...

I am definately seeing more traffic via NameRich, but it is paying virtually zero
Old 18th May 2007, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I put a bunch of names in 3 days ago as a test and they're resolving but still not approved. Which possibly means they're taking revenue from them without giving me any of it?
Old 18th May 2007, 07:40 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
I put a bunch of names in 3 days ago as a test and they're resolving but still not approved. Which possibly means they're taking revenue from them without giving me any of it?

When you point your domain directly to a parking provider's nameservers, you have no way of knowing if they actually report *all* of your traffic or not.

I won't mention any names without quite a lot more data to substantiate my suspicion, but I have seen queries in my DNS logs for domains which are pointed to a parking providers webserver IP, and I have observed that even after 2 hours not all of the queries resulted in incremented views in the parking system. I am talking about queries like "www.xn-foo.com" and not just "xn--foo.com". I understand that the bare domain gets queried by many automated systems for many reasons, but generally not the www hostname unless it's a web browser.

Last edited by jacksonm; 18th May 2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old 23rd May 2007, 08:08 AM

namerich is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

It's really nice to see so many discussions going on about NameRich here at IDNForums, but wow, are you guys hard to keep up with. We've asked IDNForums for a dedicated NameRich.com Sub Forum but no reply so far.

Without naming names, there are obviously other choices to NameRich for your China parking needs. However, we'd like to take this opportunity to dispell any notions that we are "carving out" or "holding back" any revenue from our customers. The bottom line is that if a domain parked on NameRich gets traffic and subsequent clicks, the customer WILL earn revenue from that click. Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables. In the end, what matters most to all of you is revenue. Putting aside for the moment traffic, CTR's and RPC's, we believe that net parking revenues derived on NameRich should be in line with other providers if not a bit better but the only way to tell is to test and compare.

What we can absolutely guaruntee to our customers is responsive customer support and a committment to building long term relationships with them. We hope to have an opportunity to earn your business!

NameRich
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:47 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by namerich
Dear All,

It's really nice to see so many discussions going on about NameRich here at IDNForums, but wow, are you guys hard to keep up with. We've asked IDNForums for a dedicated NameRich.com Sub Forum but no reply so far.

Without naming names, there are obviously other choices to NameRich for your China parking needs. However, we'd like to take this opportunity to dispell any notions that we are "carving out" or "holding back" any revenue from our customers. The bottom line is that if a domain parked on NameRich gets traffic and subsequent clicks, the customer WILL earn revenue from that click. Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables. In the end, what matters most to all of you is revenue. Putting aside for the moment traffic, CTR's and RPC's, we believe that net parking revenues derived on NameRich should be in line with other providers if not a bit better but the only way to tell is to test and compare.

What we can absolutely guaruntee to our customers is responsive customer support and a committment to building long term relationships with them. We hope to have an opportunity to earn your business!

NameRich
Thanks for that- worth putting a few names up to see Wots what

Olney - dedicated forum?
Old 23rd May 2007, 04:09 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables.
Which IETF traffic reporting standard are you referring to? I was not aware of the existence of such an animal.

Old 23rd May 2007, 05:02 PM

Dear Jacksonm,

Apologies if I spoke innaccurately regarding IETF standards if there is not a specific traffic reporting standard. I meant to emphasize that we do our best to provide accurate reporting to our customers and I know that our engineers often refer to IETF standards during development.

NameRich
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Dear Jacksonm,

Apologies if I spoke innaccurately regarding IETF standards if there is not a specific traffic reporting standard. I meant to emphasize that we do our best to provide accurate reporting to our customers and I know that our engineers often refer to IETF standards during development.

NameRich
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Dear Jacksonm,

NameRich
Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by jacksonm; 23rd May 2007 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 4th July 2007, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Well now that China appears to be sorting out their plug-in problems, Dopa is pissing all over Namerich as far as traffic and CTR is concerned.

What's up NameRich?
Old 4th July 2007, 02:36 AM

Dear Drewbert,

We have customers that have compared domain performance between multiple platforms and, just as in the US, some domains perform better with one provider versus another. We'd be glad to do a case specific comparison for any of your names to see where the actual discrepancies are. If our performance on a domain is indeed less than another provider, we'd truly appreciate the opportunty to find a way to make it better for you and, in turn, all of our customers.

Please feel free to PM me with any specific issues.

NameRich
Old 11th July 2007, 11:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to duskdawn Send a message via AIM to duskdawn Send a message via MSN to duskdawn Send a message via Yahoo to duskdawn Send a message via Skype™ to duskdawn

I have a question here:
I see namerich.cn provides Chinese version for local people but I am using the English one in namerich.com. I couldn't log into the .cn with the ID registered at .com. Why don't you guys use the same system for both Chinese and English users? I see the .cn is largely promoted in China so I hope the English version will not be gradually ignored. BTW, are the 2 systems absolutely the same? Let's say if a new feature is added in .cn, will it be added in .com at the same time? And since I am moving back to China, do you suggest I move to Chinese version?
Old 16th July 2007, 05:33 PM

Dear Duskdawn,

Apologies for the slow reply. Here are the answers to your questions. The parking system for the Chinese and English versions of NameRich are exatly the same. However, we have separated the accounts of customers that signed up on each website. Some Chinese customers that originally signed up on NameRich.com asked to be transferred to the Chinese version because it's easier for them to navigate the system in their native language. If you would like to have your account transferred to the Chinese version, simply send an e-mail with your Username to service@chinaspringboard.com and we'll take care of that for you. All of the features of the system are updated in one database and will be reflected in both versions.

I've also sent you a PM regarding some other issues. Thanks for being a NameRich customer.

NameRich
Old 16th July 2007, 05:43 PM

谢谢!

Since you said it is the same system, I will remain in the English platform at this moment. I will let you guys know if I want to switch in the future.
BTW, just to reply your pm here, my home is in Beijing and am moving back next month. Glad to visit you guys if possible.
Thank you.

Last edited by duskdawn; 16th July 2007 at 05:51 PM..
Old 16th July 2007, 05:47 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Actuallly, got so bored today having been reminded of the URL where I parked my Chinese, I thought I would check things out. Can anyone explain what all these numbers mean?

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7184620dw5.jpg
URL copied to Clipboard

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7184141ce7.jpg
URL copied to Clipboard
Old 16th July 2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuck
Can anyone explain what all these numbers mean?
They mean it won't be long now.
Old 16th July 2007, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

It appears to have been a bit of a roller coaster ride!

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7194526nj0.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7195113cr9.jpg

Have some bears been keeping the honey pot all to themselves?
Old 16th July 2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Many of us have seen the same trend. Both on Namerich and at Dopa.
Old 16th July 2007, 09:00 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

NR PPC doesn't look good. only 0.09 yuan per click, as opposed to 0.40 for SC.

Here's my SC stats. Should i take down my chinese minisites and move to SC?

Shot at 2007-07-16

Last edited by touchring; 16th July 2007 at 09:14 PM..
Old 16th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Veteran

Thanks. Nameservers switched to Dopa. Fingers crossed!