IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2007, 02:11 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Is Adsense giving IDN the Full Monte?

I know some of you are doing well from Adsense comparatively, but I didn't have much success. Consequently I took my names away from my Adsense sites and returned them to parking. The traffic that virtually disappeared is back with lucrative clicks. Why did I never get this traffic under Adsense? Could it be the that the bugs in Adsense relating to IDN extend beyond simply not distinguishing between browsers? Is a proportion of the revenue you should be entitled to just disappearing down the tubes?

If so how can this be monitored? And would Google be prepared to do anything about it anyway? Does their "Do No Evil" ethos extend to IDNers?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 24th May 2007 at 02:23 PM..
Old 24th May 2007, 02:47 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: Is Adsense giving IDN the Full Monte?

It depends on what you mean by "much sucess".

Ad placement is very important when you're dealing with page development as well as content and how you brake it up across the pages.

And, focusing on one specific keyword for better SE placement, instead of keyword stuffing. K.I.S.S. is the operative word here; at least it's worked for me in the past (I'm no SEO expert).

Going back to "success"; to me, taking a domain which was getting a couple of visits a week and nil clicks on parking - to a few visits a day from SE's with an average 3cents earnings a day, is in itself a success. From there, the sky is the limit.

But, if you used a domain that was already receiving traffic with earnings on PPC, and made less with adsense, I say it's most likely your ad placement strategy.
There are other factors that could be in play as well: Sometimes changing a sentence or even just one word or text color, can do wonders to your CTR.
This is a science in itself, and again, I profess no expert knowledge.

You have any examples of your adsense sites you used? Maybe we can pick it apart and throw some suggestions your way.
Old 24th May 2007, 02:57 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is Adsense giving IDN the Full Monte

Sorry Yanni, but I think you missed the point. I have decided to pull out of developed sites for the time being and concentrate on parking, which is neither an indictment or justification of either approach.

What I was trying to say, was that my observations indicate that you guys are not getting the full cake. What I am suggesting quite strongly is the the Traffic from IE7 is not only not being accredited to IE7 but is disappearing down the cracks altogether.

This could be highly significant as the proportion of your IE7 traffic grows while the proportion of IE6 Traffic declines.

I don't know that what I am suggesting is actually happening, but it might be worth your while trying to find out.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:04 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Yup, I did miss your point
Old 24th May 2007, 03:21 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Hard to say but I do know my adsense totals and analytics totals don't jive with one another .. not massive discrepancies but there all the same
Old 24th May 2007, 03:27 PM
Veteran

Might be more relevant to try to tie up with non-Google sources if possible. Adsense and Analytics are out of the same stable.
Old 24th May 2007, 06:07 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I know some of you are doing well from Adsense comparatively, but I didn't have much success. Consequently I took my names away from my Adsense sites and returned them to parking. The traffic that virtually disappeared is back with lucrative clicks.

Are you referring to chinese names? Or japanese names? Adsense does work differently for different languages.

Last edited by touchring; 24th May 2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old 24th May 2007, 06:16 PM
Veteran

No, as you obviously cannot be bothered to read the thread properly, I will reiterate.

This is not a Chinese thing. Things there are more complexed anyway.

This is not a parking versus development thread.

This about whether Adsense is paying out for IE7. As stated previously, I think it might not be, but I don't know. If it is not significant now it will become so as IE6 falls into disuse. There seems to be Analytics bug regarding IDN and IE7. If this crosses over to Adsense, all I am saying you might not be getting everything you should be entitled to. It might just be worth your joint whiles trying to establish whether or not that is the case, and if so doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Are you referring to chinese names? I'm beginning to see that clicks and views for chinese names disappear when moved to adsense! Yes, those pathetic few clicks on dopa become nil on adsense! Japanese names are doing well.

Anyone noticing this?
Old 24th May 2007, 06:26 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen scripts that track adsense clicks (referring url and probably even browser type) - i used to use them when i was doing arbitratging.