IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2007, 04:51 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road
No IDNs in the TRAFFIC Auction

Not that it's a big surprise, but you know, I thought maybe...

Here's the list:

http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/fi...ist_TNYC07.xls

I got 9 in, including:

CancunHotelPackage.com
CrudeOilPrice.org
CrudeOilPrices.org
DailyNewspapers.info
GasStations.org
Macau.se
NewspaperSubscriptions.net
NewspaperSubscriptions.info
NewYorkLotto.info

Anyone else submit any?
Old 25th May 2007, 04:57 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: No IDNs in the TRAFFIC Auction

They will take any shit as long as it is not IDN. I thought you would have realised that by now.

Congratulations to those that let them take the piss out of you for a second time!

There is an Auction at Round Table by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
Not that it's a big surprise, but you know, I thought maybe...

Here's the list:

http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/fi...ist_TNYC07.xls

I got 9 in, including:

CancunHotelPackage.com
CrudeOilPrice.org
CrudeOilPrices.org
DailyNewspapers.info
GasStations.org
Macau.se
NewspaperSubscriptions.net
NewspaperSubscriptions.info
NewYorkLotto.info

Anyone else submit any?
Old 25th May 2007, 05:27 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but you know the saying: "If at first you don't succeed: try, try again."

I'm nothing if not stubborn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
They will take any shit as long as it is not IDN. I thought you would have realised that by now.

Congratulations to those that let them take the piss out of you for a second time!

There is an Auction at Round Table by the way.
Old 25th May 2007, 05:33 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Well if you want to be Rick's Sub then that is fine by me.

Personally, I just cannot do all that brown tongue stuff. It make me want to puke.
Old 25th May 2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Well if you want to be Rick's Sub then that is fine by me.

Personally, I just cannot do all that brown tongue stuff. It make me want to puke.

Rick's got nothing to do with my desicion to submit names for auction. I make money where I can, and ASCII's sell just fine...

Plus, with the current news surrounding IDNs, why not strike while the iron's hot and try submitting some IDNs? If they are included at your reserve, great; if not, who cares?
Old 25th May 2007, 05:45 PM
Veteran

It should be perfectly obvious to anyone that IDN is not part of Rick's grand scheme of things. The important thing for him is that people are handing their cash over to him. He will sell whatever he can as long as it has been previously hyped beyond its actual worth. How else is he going to get it cheap enough to make a serious profit?

Hang on in there. You will have a portfolio of virtual condominiums this time next year!
Old 25th May 2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Hang on in there. You will have a portfolio of virtual condominiums this time next year!
Nah, I'm shooting for the Eiffel Tower and the Taj Mahal
Old 25th May 2007, 11:56 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
Yeah, but you know the saying: "If at first you don't succeed: try, try again."

I'm nothing if not stubborn...

Good luck, I also have a few in there and will use any platform to sell my domain names, that is what it is all about.

No IDN is not a surprise but I have plenty of ASCII to keep me going until IDN really take off and the perhaps the next traffic will have both ascii.nu and idn.nu.
Old 26th May 2007, 12:15 AM
Veteran

Not a surprise! What was all that "Give us another chance" crap all about from Moniker?

I have to admire your tenacity. No matter how often you are kicked in the teeth you come back queuing up to pay their over egged commission. Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Good luck, I also have a few in there and will use any platform to sell my domain names, that is what it is all about.

No IDN is not a surprise but I have plenty of ASCII to keep me going until IDN really take off and the perhaps the next traffic will have both ascii.nu and idn.nu.
Old 26th May 2007, 12:40 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Not a surprise! What was all that "Give us another chance" crap all about from Moniker?

I have to admire your tenacity. No matter how often you are kicked in the teeth you come back queuing up to pay their over egged commission. Respect!
If I am paying commissions I am making sales and I repeat, I will use any platform to achieve my end objective which is to make sales whether it be ascii , idn , .com , .anything. If moniker decide to accept idn at forthcoming events then I will submit names accordingly.

What are you in the business for ?
Old 26th May 2007, 09:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
If I am paying commissions I am making sales and I repeat, I will use any platform to achieve my end objective which is to make sales whether it be ascii , idn , .com , .anything. If moniker decide to accept idn at forthcoming events then I will submit names accordingly.

What are you in the business for ?
Longer-term, probably not to sell names at all. Sitting a pile of name providing a constant source of income is the goal.

Cooperation with the likes of Traffics has only ever really been a short-term objective. As that is clearly impossible due to utter intransigence, it is unlikely that we will have reason to even attempt to collaborate with them.

All that is on offer here from my perspective is humiliation, but the hens will come home to roost.