View Single Post
Old 11th April 2008, 02:19 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Re: So is the financial crisis really everyone else's problem?

Well actually it is different than it ever has been before. We live in a global economy so the rules are different. Go the isolation route if you must, but that will be nothing more than an admission that the US is finished a global power.

It is quite clear that few in the US have any real understanding of what is going down. You clearly all believe that if you cut funding to the BRIC economies they will all fold. The problem that you seem to be struggling with is that the US is about to fold because the rest of the World is no longer willing to fund an economy that consumes everything, produces comparatively very little and is not only defaulting on its debt but is collectively guilty of gross deceit. A lot of people that lent money in good faith have got burnt are not at all happy. The "solution" appears to be to offer them more risk and less return.

From where I am standing, the solution would be to put a bulldozer to Harvard and Stanford, and start again with fundamentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps
I have seen several different report analysis regarding the IMF releases
Some show higher growth in the developing countries some lower.
US projections also vary on them as well depending upon who is reading into the report.
The projections for India and China seem to be hyper inflated to me as a large portion of funding in these areas is from countries that are having their own financial issues.
It is just a matter of time till those investing in foreign areas will decrease their interest in the foreign market to keep their base financial situation more stable or risk failure. The chance at quick financial gain will keep many of these companies in the market for several more years though I would suspect. This may be why the reports project such high numbers for them. I do not see this as a trend that will stay for more than 3 to 5 years if the markets remain on the course they are currently on.

I still content that the US needs to take a more isolationist approach for a period of time to get its house in order. Focus on new technologies that will impact the world market as a whole. Areas such as agrogenetics synthetic fuel production and genetic health research.
Limit the importation of foreign products and work to reduce the trade deficits and financial drains.'
America does not need to be the worlds police. That job should be based upon a general consensus of all nations, but if there is a threat to the border then the actions of Americans should be second to none.

These are strange times but nothing that hasn't been seen before. It might be best to look at what has worked before in the many years past and use some of the older principals that were once used and worked.