IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   Browser, Mobile & Software (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/browser-mobile-and-software/)
-   -   Safari/Windows - download it now (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/11472-safari-windows-download-it-now.html)

Drewbert 11th June 2007 07:54 PM

Safari/Windows - download it now
 
http://www.apple.com/safari/

Safari 3 public beta.

Mac and Windows.

Blazing fast.

Give it a try!

jose 11th June 2007 08:10 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Thanks. Will give a try.

nicb5 11th June 2007 08:19 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Cool stuff!
Thanks!

Rubber Duck 11th June 2007 08:35 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicb5
Cool stuff!
Thanks!

Windows hates it.

Every time you try to customise anything the the Redmont Boys just close it down.

Drewbert 11th June 2007 08:53 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
That's a shame.

But no surprise.

mulligan 11th June 2007 09:25 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Windows hates it.

Every time you try to customise anything the the Redmont Boys just close it down.

Works fine for me on XP ... What are you having problems with?

BTW ... This browser leaves the unicode alone and displays it correctly.
Also, a big plus is that if you type (Or in my case paste) a unicode domain into the URL bar without http:// or .com it automatically adds these to the unicode so it sends you to the .com ... good news for type-in's ...

I will be adding a download button to my sites so maybe those who have some sites might consider doing the same

nicb5 11th June 2007 09:53 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Windows hates it.

Every time you try to customise anything the the Redmont Boys just close it down.

Will probably be fixed before final release. It's just a beta version not a RC. They have announced it so it would look bad to remove windows support.

Somehow I think the whole web 2.0 thing destroyed the meaning of the beta stage in software development lol

Drewbert 11th June 2007 10:00 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Can someone play with http://www.gh-mathspeak.com/images/getSafari.gif for other languages.

Make sure they know it's available for windows and twice as fast as IE7.

Rubber Duck 11th June 2007 10:21 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
Works fine for me on XP ... What are you having problems with?

BTW ... This browser leaves the unicode alone and displays it correctly.
Also, a big plus is that if you type (Or in my case paste) a unicode domain into the URL bar without http:// or .com it automatically adds these to the unicode so it sends you to the .com ... good news for type-in's ...

I will be adding a download button to my sites so maybe those who have some sites might consider doing the same

Couldn't set my homepage or put up a homepage icon on the toolbar.

jose 11th June 2007 10:45 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
A memory corruption vulnerability has just been discovered.

nicb5 11th June 2007 10:50 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbert
Can someone play with http://www.gh-mathspeak.com/images/getSafari.gif for other languages.

Make sure they know it's available for windows and twice as fast as IE7.

Allright I did this pretty fast. It's a little photoshop template you can use to customise the button to your site's language. All you have to do is edit the 2 layers of text.

To download the file click here

Here is a preview of what it looks like in french:
http://www.nic-b.com/images/safari_fr.gif

Feel free to use it as much as you want.

Drewbert 11th June 2007 11:00 PM

Re: Safari/Windows - download it now
 
Thanks for that.

I'll link it to http://www.apple.com/fr/safari/ of course :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54