IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Site Suggestions & Feedback We would like to hear what you think might make the site better or any feedback.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2006, 04:40 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial forum

maybe like 15-20 posts but we have newbies with 0 posts just coming for appraisals without contributing to the board..
Old 27th February 2006, 04:59 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial f

Agreed, I would even up that number to 30 posts.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:02 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Re: Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial forum

Good point, or maybe they should be limited to a certaing amount, like 1 per 24 hours or something along those lines
Old 28th February 2006, 12:37 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial f

Unfortunately that's not easy to do.
In the beginning I only posted appraisals on DNF.
Since this market is brand new people will have questions on whether or not there maybe value on their finds.
If I limit the appraisals people will just post the same things in the regional forums.

I feel at least they are posting.
Old 28th February 2006, 01:03 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
Unfortunately that's not easy to do.
In the beginning I only posted appraisals on DNF.
Since this market is brand new people will have questions on whether or not there maybe value on their finds.
If I limit the appraisals people will just post the same things in the regional forums.

I feel at least they are posting.
They aren't contributing anything to the forum. Alot of them don't come back.
Old 28th February 2006, 04:41 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Ok you guys have to think about things like this.
No every member or observer on here is even fluent in English.

We're getting more traffic from international versions of Google & Yahoo than the dot coms.

I'm not about to start locking people out of discussions. You may think that they are not coming back but some may buy be buying domains from other members, some may rethink their strategy after getting appraisal.

30 post in other forums is a lot, no other domain forum does this.
It would be the same as locking the forum to guest, it'll kill your forum...

These members should be encouraged to participate more I agree also I need to create the category discriptions in other languages that was suggested already...
Old 28th February 2006, 04:47 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial forum

How about 2 appraisal threads per person per day. You can load up each thread as you wish.
Old 28th February 2006, 05:13 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
How about 2 appraisal threads per person per day. You can load up each thread as you wish.

From a business Standpoint i agree with Onley.... things are fine the way they are, just a few people go overboard sometimes.... So we just have to let them know politly.... If we can get the Chat up and running that would allow us to do more talking and interaction