IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2007, 06:03 AM

ala101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation auctions r sleeping

Hello!

I have noticed that Auctions Forum has very low activity these days..
Is the main reason because of summer vacation ? so most of members are enjoying their time away from internet ? (when iam in vacation i spent most of my time on the internet )

Or there is some bad news in idn market ?

what do u think?
Old 24th June 2007, 06:41 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: auctions r sleeping

Secondary market in IDN is largely totally dysfunctional.

Most new entrants think they can come in and new reg to flip. If everyone is doing that then you cannot expect to sell much.

There a few serious investors around but they are looking for genuine quality domains and are not at this stage interested in the daily offering of newly registered domains.

There has been quite a bit of distressed selling going on as early movers have hit renewals and some players have been forced to rationalise their portfolios to a greater extent than they originally envisaged. There has been a lot of pain for many, but this phase is substantially over. Most of these sellers will themselves become buyers when traffic revenues kick in and they attempt to repair the damage wreaked by the weak aftermarket. Most people are just going to sit this out now.

What is really required is some hard data. We know that 3 Million plus dot CN have been sold in the last three months. What we don't know is how many are IDN. We also don't know how much of the surge in dot com registrations can be attributed to IDN either. It is hard to imagine that 3 Million English IDN have been registered in recent months, but domainers it would seem on the whole will register any old rubbish as long as it is cheap.

The lessons that are being ignored from the English dot com markets are, is that quality counts. Only very special names sell for good money, and the value of those domains is going up exponentially.

Not to worry. Those that chose to waste precious time will achieve that objective.
Old 24th June 2007, 08:51 AM

Thanks a lot for your useful reply RD!

According to quality, iam with you that Quality Counts ..
i noticed that some of us r not looking for quality idns but only for traffic idns.
I think quality idns will have great traffic in future better than those traffic ones..
Old 24th June 2007, 09:03 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala101
Thanks a lot for your useful reply RD!

According to quality, iam with you that Quality Counts ..
i noticed that some of us r not looking for quality idns but only for traffic idns.
I think quality idns will have great traffic in future better than those traffic ones..
Traffic is quality, but current traffic is not necessarily representative of future traffic. I think I am only just beginning to see what I would describe as real traffic.

Real traffic not only excludes Bots, but should also exclude domain speculators and other industry insiders many of whom may just be playing with the functionality of the browser or testing the way domains resolves.
Old 25th June 2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
current traffic is not necessarily representative of future traffic
thats it

Thanks a lot RD!
Old 25th June 2007, 10:00 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

No longer actively selling.