IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2007, 03:46 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Tina's response to my ICANN letter re: Dname

Dear Jeff, thanks for your comment on the .test proposal.

I am afraid I cannot answer the question about whether or not DNAME will be implemented – at least not at this time. The evaluation purpose strings are proposed to be inserted in the root as NS-records (this is what the RSSAC also have supported, see http://www.icann.org/announcements/a...nt-18jun07.htm for their statement on this topic) and as such the evaluation will not be concerning the DNAME RR. However, the concept of aliasing which is what I am guessing your example is concerning, is currently a topic under discussion among the participants in the ccNSO and GAC IDN working groups – and also have been touched upon by the GNSO IDN working group. This latter group has not reached an agreement on whether aliasing is wanted or not. The former group is currently gathering issues before they are starting to answer them.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Tina Dam

Director, IDN Program

ICANN
Old 26th June 2007, 05:04 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Tina's response to my ICANN letter re: Dname

It is very technically difficult. We are gathering issues to find the questions we should be asking to get the answers which have proven to be complex to establish the desired outcomes to. Once we figure out what we want, we will guide the questions to fit the outcome we need, but we won't tell you about it, because that will blow our cover.
Old 26th June 2007, 05:51 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

She means the merry-go-round is half way, the world will speak one language before it goes full circle.

Wasn't aliasing already tested in the root ?
Old 26th June 2007, 07:20 PM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Tina is not the only central party in these discussions (and this makes sense) - however I see something very positive in her reply... namely that Tina is taking IDNs seriously and making an effort to understand what users comments are (very positive overall).

Therefore it is up to those among us who have credible and constructive comments to give her that workable feedback - to speak up now and not complain - at least this is a positive step forward at this stage.

Well done and for those among us with the most to add / comment - I say, please do not miss this chance.... you who have constructive ideas to add and a medium to start the discussion will benefit us all!!!

Thanks for posting and once again please continue to make an effort now... to be heard on the useful things - make a difference guys & do not become evangelists (heros without a cause).... well done !!!

Cheers All, Asiaplay
Old 26th June 2007, 07:42 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Follow this for a while and you will start to see big discrepancies between the Talk and the Walk. This bunch like the sound of their own voices. They have been talking the talk for two or three years now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
I think Tina is not the only central party in these discussions (and this makes sense) - however I see something very positive in her reply... namely that Tina is taking IDNs seriously and making an effort to understand what users comments are (very positive overall).

Therefore it is up to those among us who have credible and constructive comments to give her that workable feedback - to speak up now and not complain - at least this is a positive step forward at this stage.

Well done and for those among us with the most to add / comment - I say, please do not miss this chance.... you who have constructive ideas to add and a medium to start the discussion will benefit us all!!!

Thanks for posting and once again please continue to make an effort now... to be heard on the useful things - make a difference guys & do not become evangelists (heros without a cause).... well done !!!

Cheers All, Asiaplay