View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2006, 07:13 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Billy admits IE7 delays are unacceptable!

Quote:
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates has admitted that his company has been too slow to release an updated version of its Internet Explorer browser.

"The key point is that IE7 is not the end of the line. We will be able to release a browser much faster than the typical major Windows release cycle. We're already working on the next two releases."

"We've also seen with the browser that the willingness to download new versions is very high, probably higher than for any other type of software," said Gates.

However, Bradshaw pointed out that users want the product to be backwards compatible as well as working on new platforms.
"One concern is whether the new version of Internet Explorer will work on Windows 98 and Windows ME, which a lot of people still have," said the analyst.

"I presume that it will. If Microsoft stops supporting older versions of the browser it will have to make the new one work on the older operating systems."

http://www.computing.co.uk/vnunet/ne...delays-browser