IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2007, 05:54 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alibuba
2 really good names and 1 ok for appraisel

狼藉.com (xn--n6x041b.com) this one was supposed to mean something totally else but i found out yesterday that it means violence. :

新嘉坡.com (xn--w4r24a672a.com) this one means singapore very popular and the 17th most expensive city to live in out of the top 50 in the world.

ベイルート.com (xn--eckvd2bzd2d.com) and finally this one means beirut which is the capital city of Lebanon and is the 32nd most expensive city to live in out of the top 50. plus its where im from so it should be worth billions

please if someone could take the time out to appraise these it would be great and i would be very thankfull. not looking to sell just want to know which i should hold on to and how much they can be worth. thanks
Old 5th July 2007, 06:16 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2 really good names and 1 ok for appraisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibuba
新嘉坡.com (xn--w4r24a672a.com) this one means singapore very popular and the 17th most expensive city to live in out of the top 50 in the world.

Where did u get this typo translation from?
Old 5th July 2007, 07:55 AM

chineseidn is an unknown quantity at this point

Alibuba,

Touchring already mentioned it, your singapore is not the city, which should have been 新加坡.com

Also not so sure whether 狼藉 means what you think.
To my understanding (basic Chinese) it means disorderly or notorious depending on the context
Old 5th July 2007, 09:24 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road

ok so let me get this straight

1. beirut is correct right.
2. singapore doesn't mean the city? what does it mean?
3. i got the last one from jim breen dictionary and that what it says it means.

i have been using jim breens dictionary for all the idn domains i register. can someone please tell me what the singapore one means. thanks
Old 5th July 2007, 09:31 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ok so let me get this straight

1. beirut is correct right.
2. singapore doesn't mean the city? what does it mean?
3. i got the last one from jim breen dictionary and that what it says it means.

i have been using jim breens dictionary for all the idn domains i register. can someone please tell me what the singapore one means. thanks

It's a typo, an uncommon typo also.

Pls use jp ovt to check the popularity of a japanese word - http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...estion/?mkt=jp
Old 5th July 2007, 08:44 PM

for the singapore one can someone tell me what it means? and if i should hold the others cause i only got like a day left with dynadot to close them.

this is what it says in jim breens dictionary 新嘉坡 【しんがぽーる; シンガポール(P)】 (n) (uk) Singapore; (P).
Old 5th July 2007, 10:24 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
for the singapore one can someone tell me what it means? and if i should hold the others cause i only got like a day left with dynadot to close them.

this is what it says in jim breens dictionary 新嘉坡 【しんがぽーる; シンガポール(P)】 (n) (uk) Singapore; (P).
First thing to check is total "google" pages with quotes. This "Singapore" gets only 7,960 with tells you right off something is wrong right off the bat. I would drop that one for sure. Use the overture to check popularity and try to stay 5,000 and up unless it is a term you can find an enduser for. OVT of 15,000 and up is better but harder to find; 100,000 and up is gold. There are some that go into the millions.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...89%E5%9D%A1%22