IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2007, 12:10 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb $100 dollar - Adsense barrier.

Just curious to see if any of you other fellow site developing IDNers have broken the $100 a day Google adsense barrier.

I finally surpassed that milestone so it's on to the next marker right? Full-scale development? Or just keep on building basic HTML sites and take the money and run?

I'm kind of at a crossroads right now without a direction marker.

My initial goal was to break the $100 dollar a day adsense mark then what to do next was up for grabs. It actually happened a lot sooner than I thought it would.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do I gamble and keep the same pace with my basic sites or do I go into full development mode and get some real business sites going?

BTW, I am looking for Japanese link trades feel free to pm me with your sites.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:46 PM

seamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: $100 dollar - Adsense barrier.

Congrats sarcle!

Care to share if this $100 dollar barrier is on one site, or over multiple?

What language? Assuming Japanese...

What quality of IDN's are we talking? - Premium, platinum or post mortem?
Old 5th July 2007, 01:02 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamo
Congrats sarcle!

Care to share if this $100 dollar barrier is on one site, or over multiple?

What language? Assuming Japanese...

What quality of IDN's are we talking? - Premium, platinum or post mortem?
It's over multiple sites around 25 in the process of building more. I've just been drowning myself in SEO tricks and learning how the SE's work. That's been taking the majority of the time really. The sites are really fast to put up just getting them to stick in the number one position or on the first page is the feat.

Yes, all the money earning sites are Japanese. Although I do have several chinese and thai in number one spots but I can't seem to monetize them off of adsense. And that's with several getting 600-700 uv's a day and no cash really frustrating. Japanese has been the best for me.

Funny you should mention "platinum" I've held that spot for the past few months. http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%..._v2&search.x=1

I've come to the conclusion idn.com .net or .jp doesn't matter for se rankings. Natives do type in and search for "IDN.EXT". And that ie7 is picking up slowly but surely.

Again, looking for Japanese IDN links to trade pm me!
Old 5th July 2007, 01:02 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

If you combine with parking, I actually passed through that barrier on better days two months ago until google trashed some of my better names. Don't know if it's something with do with the arbitraguer wipeout.

Now, i'm experimenting with japanese minisites, just put them up 4-6 weeks ago, hoping to regain back some traffic.

Does anyone here knows how long it takes to climb up Yahoo, assuming i don't do link farms and SEO?

I'm still not seeing the incredible traffic many here has been talking about. Or is there some secret ingredient which i missed out? :-(

Last edited by touchring; 5th July 2007 at 01:10 PM..
Old 5th July 2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
If you combine with parking, I actually passed through that barrier on better days two months ago until google trashed some of my better names.

Now, i'm experimenting with japanese minisites, just put them up 6 weeks ago.

Does anyone here knows how long it takes to climb up Yahoo, assuming i don't do link farms and SEO? I'm still not seeing the incredible traffic many here has been talking about. :-(
Well we don't all have the nice latin idns that you do that have the browser support Touch.

It takes some SEO. Don't do link farms. Trading links with fellow IDNers is your best bet. To get indexed is rather fast for Japanese. Climbing the charts depends on who you link with and what you do with your site and how relative it is to the subject matter. Links, Links, Links with fellow IDNers.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Well we don't all have the nice latin idns that you do that have the browser support Touch.

It takes some SEO. Don't do link farms. Trading links with fellow IDNers is your best bet. To get indexed is rather fast for Japanese. Climbing the charts depends on who you link with and what you do with your site and how relative it is to the subject matter. Links, Links, Links with fellow IDNers.

Thks for clearing up. Better than a wild goose chase, it's back to basic SEO.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:13 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
It's over multiple sites around 25 in the process of building more. I've just been drowning myself in SEO tricks and learning how the SE's work. That's been taking the majority of the time really. The sites are really fast to put up just getting them to stick in the number one position or on the first page is the feat.
hey buddy. where u been at.

I notice your seo techniques seem to involve backlinks through blogs. To someone who knows jack about this sort of thing, is there any advice you can lay down, either in public or a private PM would be really appreciated.

ta
Old 5th July 2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale

I notice your seo techniques seem to involve backlinks through blogs. To someone who knows jack about this sort of thing, is there any advice you can lay down, either in public or a private PM would be really appreciated.

ta
Learning the ropes man!

Yes, pm me or skype me about that I have a nice list with great Google PR and Yahoo backlinks. I'd rather not mention more in public about that. :p But nice catch.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:19 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Learning the ropes man!

Yes, pm me or skype me about that I have a nice list with great Google PR and Yahoo backlinks. I'd rather not mention more in public about that. :p But nice catch.
ok. on it's way... cheers.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Funny you should mention "platinum" I've held that spot for the past few months. [/B]
プラチナ.com...nice sarcle.

End of the day, it is a fairly simple site that you have put together, and it appears it has not taken 'rocket science'.

Just a matter of getting something out there that has a few pages, and some ads? Do most of your $100 sites follow the same format?

Again, congrats
Old 5th July 2007, 01:33 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
ta
What blogs are you linking to, or are you creating those as well?
Old 5th July 2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamo
プラチナ.com...nice sarcle.

End of the day, it is a fairly simple site that you have put together, and it appears it has not taken 'rocket science'.

Just a matter of getting something out there that has a few pages, and some ads? Do most of your $100 sites follow the same format?

Again, congrats
My sites are outstandingly simple. No fancy stuff just the meat and potatoes. I personally don't care if it makes sense to a reader I just want them to click on my ads.

Take some wiki info, go to answers.com translate the dictionary page for the word, adsense it, link it with other idn sites and wait a few weeks.

I follow the same format, build a basic table, two colors (one background and one table color), add information and one or two pictures (make sure to meta tag the pics)

I guess the next step is to build more professional, business model sites. The BIG drawback is once that ball starts I'll need to hire a Japanese speaker to answer emails and phone calls.

Again pm me your Japanese sites for link trades.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
My sites are outstandingly simple. No fancy stuff just the meat and potatoes. I personally don't care if it makes sense to a reader I just want them to click on my ads.

Take some wiki info, go to answers.com translate the dictionary page for the word, adsense it, link it with other idn sites and wait a few weeks.

I follow the same format, build a basic table, two colors (one background and one table color), add information and one or two pictures (make sure to meta tag the pics)

I guess the next step is to build more professional, business model sites. The BIG drawback is once that ball starts I'll need to hire a Japanese speaker to answer emails and phone calls.

Again pm me your Japanese sites for link trades.
You're an absolute bloody Genius sarcle...

I think all developers can take a leaf from your book.

Thank you for your honest and upfront sharing
Old 5th July 2007, 05:51 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

Nice work. My yahoo search shows platinum at #2. Keep my old name up there (you have cosmos.com as well eh? You must have hit my whole drop list lol)

If you change your content around alot so the engines see that things are not fixed it will help keep you up top.

Good to see people getting traffic, I am just sitting on the scraps I have, want to do some dev but need native speakers.
Old 5th July 2007, 06:02 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

bastards - all my names are at namedrive - i gotta start movin!
Old 5th July 2007, 06:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
bastards - all my names are at namedrive - i gotta start movin!

I told myself this at least 50 times the past 8 mths before i really moved.
Old 5th July 2007, 07:54 PM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to say that , but there's absolutely nothing brilliant here !

You can even generate them, change colors, adapt content, change all css, etc... and re-generate them in a seconde.

And i did since years ...

I'm always surpised to see some of yours parking their names since 2-4 years...

Personnaly, I'm in a collect period after that I dev dev dev dev dev dev
Old 5th July 2007, 10:31 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by L@@K
I'm sorry to say that , but there's absolutely nothing brilliant here ! You can even generate them, change colors, adapt content, change all css, etc... and re-generate them in a seconde.
And i did since years ...
I'm always surpised to see some of yours parking their names since 2-4 years...
Personnaly, I'm in a collect period after that I dev dev dev dev dev dev
Don't over think this ..."brilliant" is just a state of mind.

Which brings up the market for selling websites. There must be a market for developed mini sites and adsense...they have been selling those ascii style on DNF, Ebay and Namepros for years. Looks like a good IDN biz opportunity for someone to kick up some simple sites, get them earning $ 50 to $100 bucks a month, then flip them for 7x- 10x revenue (or more). Two or three a week and you are making a pretty good living.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 5th July 2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 6th July 2007, 01:12 AM

Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

About a month ago, someone posted here that Google adsense was doing a bunch of cancellation of ascii accounts, even though they were within their TOS. Not much reason was given, but the reality was that these were 3pages made-up sites just for adsense, and not too interesting for the average user.
Ascii owners amitted as much, and wanted a second chance to improved their minisites into real ones. Not sure they got it.

I'm not criticizing your japanese minisites or your work in general, but they seem to fit that description. I would venture that the reason your account didn't cancelled yet is that Google can't make a good judgment call on them, being in a very foreign script.

My advice is to make them into real enough sites before they hire japanese users to look at those!

Cheers.
Old 6th July 2007, 01:25 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Congrats Sarcle
Glad to see ya reached $100 days. I haven't reached that with Adsense yet.
Also Pete members wrote before about ASCII domain holders loosing their Adsense accounts. It was major arbitrage that was the reason. Buying low end PPC (traffic) & having high costing Adsense on your sites. It wasn't a ban on MFA sites these guys actually had some good looking pages & some were making XX,XXX a month.

Brilliant or not still small development is just better than parking (right now).