IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2007, 05:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
What a Bloody Nerve

Dear David,

Thank you for participating in Sedo's Parking-Programs ! We've detected some abnormal behaviour with your parked domains while doing a routine check on domains. Your traffic does not conform with typical rates. We would like to know where this volume of traffic has come from, as both Sedo and our advertising partner are concerned about users abusing the parking programme. I am particularly concerned about the domain names

starplus.net
funschool.net
researchmethods.net
cashcall.net
queenvictoria.co.uk

We would like to make sure that the traffic generated by your domain(s) does not contravene the Terms and Conditions of the parking programme. Such contraventions would include, but are not exclusive to:

* clicking yourself
* using scripts or other automatic means to generate clicks
* using pop-ups
* incentivized clicks
* anything that does not result from natural traffic

If you can provide an explanation for why your domains are receiving such high traffic statistics, that would be helpful for us, and for our advertising partner. Should we deem future traffic to be in breach of the terms and conditions of our parking service, we will withhold the revenue and block you from the parking programme. Your revenue will be noted down in our system. If you can rectify the traffic, we may pay out the revenue during the next month.

This email is not stating that you are contravening, or have contravened, the terms of use, it is merely a response to regular checks on the way the service is used. Any information you can give us will aid us in assessing the situation and will be held on file for future reference.

Please respond to this e-mail by 07-07-09. If you should not answer by this date, we will withhold the revenue until your traffic is satisfactorily justified.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sascha Ringling
--
Traffic Quality Management
Sedo GmbH � Im Mediapark 6 � 50670 K�ln
tel +49221.34030.126 � fax +49221.34030.101
Old 5th July 2007, 07:57 PM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What a Bloody Nerve

Fuck Sedo; buy developpers and sell your networks in 5 years !
Old 5th July 2007, 08:02 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Actually, what really pisses me off is that I had neglected these to such an extent that they contacted me to ask if they could optimise them to improve the performance. I sent back and told them that I wasn't really interested and just wanted liquidate my ASCII portfolio, with which they have been precious little help. Anyway after being badgered several times I agreed to let them do their worst.

If there has been any manipulation going on, then it is they themselves that have done it, and then they come back and accuse me of clicking on my own domains or some other what not.

Sedo = Morons
Old 5th July 2007, 08:08 PM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point

See How Google Penalizes High Quality Domain Traffic
Old 5th July 2007, 10:34 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

This is obviously a situation where it is not cost effective for ppc providers to investigate each case individually. However, I think their current stance of using a low-grade fraud-detection/traffic analysis tool to kick out suspects also costs them business. It wouldn't cost them too much to assign one developer to spend a month to design a high-grade fraud-detection/traffic quality tool which they could use again and again. Why don't they do it? Probably just not enough competition at the moment in the ppc arena to motivate them.

Old 5th July 2007, 10:39 PM
Veteran

Sasch,

Actually I want an apology otherwise I will just close my account for good.

For your information, one of your staff contacted me earlier in the year and informed me that my names were underperforming and she wanted to optimise them. I told her that I wasn't really interested and was more keen to liquidate the names as they were vastly inferior to our IDN portfolios.

Frankly, Sedo is about as unprofessional as it gets. I am not really interested in your Parking programme. The name are with in the hope of selling a few of them. I have a couple that been auctioned this week and I believe that one of them at least is on this list of your. However, I will refuse to transact them now until I get a full apology from you personally.

If I don't get such an apology, I shall close my account. Frankly, I have better things to do than hang around here to be insulted by likes of you. Under normal circumstances I would take it up at a much higher level, but in this instance because I am painfully aware of how incompetent your management team actually is, I will save myself both the time and the effort.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 5th July 2007, 10:43 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Dave! Why would you slam them and then tell them best regards? :-) I used to have a german friend who liked to sign his mad emails with "no regards"!

Old 6th July 2007, 05:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Dave! Why would you slam them and then tell them best regards? :-) I used to have a german friend who liked to sign his mad emails with "no regards"!

Sange Froid. It show that you have retained your objectivity and that they are really as useless as you state.
Old 6th July 2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>but in this instance because I am painfully aware of how incompetent your
>management team actually is, I will save myself both the time and the effort.

Word.
Old 6th July 2007, 06:02 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

They are making a profit after all on your domains Dave, and actively marketing their other services to you. An apology is indeed warranted.