IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2007, 02:22 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21
spanish idns

i was digging around finding Spanish domains and asked a Spanish speaking domainer what she thought about Spanish idns this is the valuation she gave me for a particular combo i bought the idn version and spanish in general 1 word Spanish sought after, my 2 word combo (non idn version) 5000$ my combo idn version 100$ lol i know this is all relative but seems she put no value at all on Spanish idns for the most part . i know its just one opinion ,but it is one opinion
just thought id share
Old 6th July 2007, 02:31 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: spanish idns

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsei21
i was digging around finding Spanish domains and asked a Spanish speaking domainer what she thought about Spanish idns this is the valuation she gave me for a particular combo i bought the idn version and spanish in general 1 word Spanish sought after, my 2 word combo (non idn version) 5000$ my combo idn version 100$ lol i know this is all relative but seems she put no value at all on Spanish idns for the most part . i know its just one opinion ,but it is one opinion
just thought id share

After the average internet user starts to get used to seeing IDNs, he/she will start to think that the ASCII sites are misspellings. It will take a few years, but I really believe this will be the case. Of course, development will help to speed this along. Parking will do nothing to further our cause.

Old 6th July 2007, 02:41 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
just thought id share
In the current market that may well be an objective perspective.

Things can, however, change. The perceptions about IDN will change very rapidly once there is browser support, commercial usage and traffic. If none of these things happen IDN will continue to be worthless. As these things do happen then they appreciate in value very rapidly.

Those that wish to invest, but expect to pick up domains for squat have to convince people that often have been invested and renewed for many year that they should let their domains go for nothing. This might be a tough thing to do.

Those that think they can what until the traffic emerges are likely to be left whistling in the wind. Many are running complex strategies which will get a lot more simple when the traffic arrives. My personal strategy has been to sell selectively to make a living and fund renewals. My strategy has been revised to working outside the domain industry for while to greatly reduce the number of domains to be sold until the traffic kicks in, at which point disposals will probably stop altogether.

One thing is clear, those that expect to have proof that there perspective investment are surefire winner will never make megabucks. That will be the preserve of those that do their reseach and take a leap of faith.
Old 6th July 2007, 03:42 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
just thought id share

Have you asked her how she compares española.com to espanola.com?
Old 6th July 2007, 04:01 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Have you asked her how she compares española.com to espanola.com?
España and espana is the best example.

We have to learn to wait. When espana is seen as a typo, then we're in business!
Old 6th July 2007, 05:21 PM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point

"When espana is seen as a typo, then we're in business!"

especially if you had dev your IDNs since 5 years in networks

Then you can sell only 1 network

to Hedge Funds :p