IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2007, 03:28 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
1000 Toilets!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19634924/?GT1=10150

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:
BEIJING — They're flushed with pride in a southwestern Chinese city where a recently-opened porcelain palace features an Egyptian facade, soothing music and more than 1,000 toilets spread out over 32,290 square feet.

Officials in Chongqing are preparing to submit an application to Guinness World Records to have the free four-story public bathroom listed as the world's largest, the state-run China Central Television reported Friday.

"We are spreading toilet culture. People can listen to gentle music and watch TV," said Lu Xiaoqing, an official with the Yangrenjie, or "Foreigners Street," tourist area where the bathroom is located. "After they use the bathroom they will be very, very happy."
Old 7th July 2007, 04:47 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: 1000 Toilets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
"After they use the bathroom they will be very, very happy."
I usually am, especially if I really had to go
Old 7th July 2007, 05:34 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

In China, for officials to make money, they must spend pension funds, bank money, and public money in grandiose construction projects, which they will award the projects to their relatives and cronies. This also happens in the West, but happens in China at 100 times the scale when people are sold as slaves for $50 while officials waste money on toilet projects.

When there is no accountability, this is what you get.

Last edited by touchring; 7th July 2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 7th July 2007, 07:24 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
In China, for officials to make money, they must spend pension funds, bank money, and public money in grandiose construction projects, which they will award the projects to their relatives and cronies. This also happens in the West, but happens in China at 100 times the scale when people are sold as slaves for $50 while officials waste money on toilet projects.

I must say that I am happy about public toilet projects, regardless of whether they are ways to funnel money to somebone's pocket.

I grew up in the USA, and have never been refused by a business to use their restroom just because I wasn't a paying customer. I mean, when you gotta go, you gotta go. You either do it in a toilet, or outside in the vicinity of the shop. People understand that, and they generally would rather let you use their restroom than have you pissing on the walls of their shop.

In europe (the pay for everything culture), it's a totally different situation. The public restrooms in shopping centers/malls have little coin operated locks on the doors - pay 1 euro to leave a piss. Restaurants keep their restrooms locked and you need to go to the counter to ask for the key. Small shops don't allow anyone except employees to use the restroom, irregardless of the situation. Basically, you are damned hard pressed to find a public restroom in a european city. If you do find one, it's often illuminated only with blue light so the junkies can't find a vein.

I say give these guys a medal for doing the public a great service. Every city needs a nice, big public shithouse right in the center of town.

Now, who got shithouse.com in chinese?

Old 7th July 2007, 08:15 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Now, who got shithouse.com in chinese?
How about... 粪.com
Old 8th July 2007, 02:08 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: 1000 Toilets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring

So great to always hear our IDN Forum China expert's wise words... sigh.. groan.. where do you get your first hand information from... and when are you coming on a China trip with me?

But you do give me a giggle...

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: Guess no accountability is why tax fraud = death penalty in China and smack on hand in the West (know where I would rather be charged if did any of these unaccountable things - lol)