View Single Post
Old 18th October 2008, 09:59 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Why don't you report?!

That is precisely right, and they are precisely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Most of us lived and worked overseas for US corporations where we did not read or speak the languages in the countries we were working in. That is partly why IDNs were a bit of a no brainer...having been square on the other side of the language barrier. I spent most of my time in Greece, where even the alphabet was different and made it even more challenging. Once I got into reading the technical stuff (including RD at full steam arguing with the pundits at DNF) one only had to grasp that the technical side of IDN was indeed going to happen.

I never doubted that IDNs would be the first choice for internet addy's for the majority of people do not speak or read English....the question was how long until it actually was all going to happen and of course listening to the arguements of MANY people that continued to believe and tell others to hold out for "real" idns (idn.idn). They genuinely felt (and probably still feel) that idn.idn will in some way basically replace idn.com and hense .com etc would lose any value.