View Single Post
Old 19th October 2008, 06:33 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Why don't you report?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
My guess is that he simply isn't aware of the transaction.

I don't think he has any bias. He can't. If it was perceived that there were some bias in his reporting then his publication would lose credibility.
There is no intentional bias, but the English speaking market gets researched. The Chinese market gets ignored unless it is specifically brought to his attention. I don't think you will find Duke hanging around Chinese Language forums but he does try to keep tabs on what happens around the main English Language forums.

Don't get me wrong, I think he does a good job. Even and excellent job, but it is unreasonable to expect DNJ or TRAFFICS or Moniker to serve the needs of the wider IDN community. It just ain't going to happen. But don't worry there will be Chinese, Russian and Arabic speakers who will step in and fill the void. Just not quite yet.