IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

goidn is an unknown quantity at this point
Where do the Asian folks meet to talk shop?

Where do the Asian folks meet to talk shop & trade idns?
I mean those who don't speak Anglo.

I lost the link...
Old 9th July 2007, 11:32 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Where do the Asian folks meet to talk shop?

They meet in Asia. I wish I could speak Anglo.
Old 9th July 2007, 11:38 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
They meet in Asia. I wish I could speak Anglo.
They meet in Asia at McDonalds to discuss idns. They meet at McDonalds because they expect everyone to speak english as McDonalds does business "worldwide." We all know that english is the international language of commerce. Nobody speaks the puny languages of japanese etc.
Old 9th July 2007, 11:40 PM
Banned

c'mon guys,
gimme a break.
I need a link
Old 9th July 2007, 11:42 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goidn
I mean those who don't speak Anglo.
God Anglo-Saxon Englisc?

Hƿæt! Syððan ærest ƿearð feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad, ƿeox under ƿolcnum, ƿeorðmyndum þah, oðþæt him æghƿylc þara ymbsittendra ofer hronrade hyran scolde, gomban gyldan. Þæt ƿæs god cyning!

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 9th July 2007 at 11:58 PM..
Old 10th July 2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
c'mon guys,
gimme a break.
I need a link
I'm sorry I just really didn't understand what you were talking about. Which Asian people are you talking about. We're all very different you know. It's not like we sit around communing with each other all the time, eating the same food, telling the same lame jokes, and speaking the same language. Asia is incredibly diverse and fractured. ( And Anglo isn't a language. ) So when you ask where the Asian people talk shop and trade idns it is the same as asking where do Africans talk shop and trade idns.

So in the spirit of being more helpful to you. What particular country and what particular language are you interested in?
Old 10th July 2007, 01:48 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where do the Asian folks meet to talk shop?

Hi Goidn,

Guys here are just too friendly sometimes... I guess they just wish they could say "Oh come on you guys" in Chinese or Japanese or Korean... and read those sites alternative websites themselves as well Yes guys if you notice he only ever lists Chinese IDNs for sale on this forum... so not big guess his meaning...

Some meet at this place - http://idnclub.com/index.php & there is also a Taiwan based site... which I can not remember the url for (just search for IDN in local language and you will find the chat places).

But do not forget, that idnforums.com (here), is a very good place to learn.
This is the most professional forum I have seen.
The other forums I have seen, are mainly about trying to sell for a small amount - make drinking money quickly and not about the useful side of IDNs (development & use of).

Also do post your questions and ideas here too - everyone can learn.

Hope you enjoy - cheers, Asiaplay

Last edited by Asiaplay; 10th July 2007 at 02:04 AM..
Old 10th July 2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Hi Goidn,

Guys here are just too friendly sometimes... I guess they just wish they could say "Oh come on you guys" in Chinese or Japanese or Korean... and read those sites alternative websites themselves as well

Some meet at this place - http://idnclub.com/index.php & there is also a Taiwan based site... which I can not remember the url for (just search for IDN in local language and you will find the chat places).

But do not forget, that idnforums.com (here), is a very good place to learn.
This is the most professional forum I have seen.
The other forums I have seen, are mainly about trying to sell for a small amount - make drinking money quickly and not about the useful side of IDNs (development & use of).

Also do post your questions and ideas here too - everyone can learn.

Hope you enjoy - cheers, Asiaplay
Bear in mind GoIDN, this is just for Chinese IDNers. Other Asians will not be at those sites. I know this will blow your mind, but it is the truth. We asians don't all speak Chinese.
Old 10th July 2007, 02:27 AM

Rhys - this is true...

I just hope I am not be over presumptuous in assuming he is a Chinese speaker when he only posts Chinese IDNs for sale.

Cheers, Asiaplay
Old 10th July 2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Rhys - this is true...

I just hope I am not be over presumptuous in assuming he is a Chinese speaker when he only posts Chinese IDNs for sale.

Cheers, Asiaplay
My guess is that probably he is given the "distressed sale" he has going on. Just wanted him to clarify that because there are other people in asia too...
Old 10th July 2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

mucha gracias folks!
You were all helpful.

I'm loaded with Chinese domains even though I can barely order a dim sum in a restaurant.
Old 10th July 2007, 03:07 AM

Opps funny... ok Goidn... perhaps was time for you to be more specific... are you after Spanish forums?

DNforums has a Spanish specific posting area on their website... lol

Good thing about dim sum is most have trays going past most of the time - and one can just grab and eat lol...

Cheers, Asiaplay

PS: remember Rhys is right - IDNs are not Asian or European based for forums (as he is Asian and as points out is not a Chinese speaker and I would guess hangs out in English based forums where it is not all any cultural base) - they are language based as you know... so ask direct question you want an answer to...
Old 10th July 2007, 04:10 AM
Banned

Well
These days the PC (politically correct) are running the show
And so you can't say Oriental nor Chinese no more
I know one fella sooo politically incorrect
He ended up teaching Oriental Lit at Harvard
As a punishment
To his students

Last edited by goidn; 10th July 2007 at 07:30 PM..
Old 10th July 2007, 05:01 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

The big one for Chinese is domain.cn, which actually has more members than Namepros.
Old 10th July 2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Well,
these days the PC (politically correct) are running the show.
And so you can't say Oriental nor Chinese no more.
And one fella was sooo politically incorrect he ended up teaching Oriental Lit at Harvard as a punishment. To his students.
Actually it is the politically incorrect who run the show, which is why we have the children of poor people dying for an oil war in iraq while the children of the president booze it up like the spoiled useless brats they are.

Last I heard, goidn, you can still say "Chinese" nothing intolerant about that. It just isn't correct to lump Asians together in the same category as you did. I grew up with a lot of that kind of nasty ignorance around me in the deep south. Won't tolerate it as an adult.
Old 10th July 2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
The big one for Chinese is domain.cn, which actually has more members than Namepros.
Of interest - wouldn't happen to be your own site would it Rubber Duck?
Actually hoping the answer is yes to be honest...

Asiaplay
Old 10th July 2007, 07:27 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
They meet in Asia at McDonalds to discuss idns. They meet at McDonalds because they expect everyone to speak english as McDonalds does business "worldwide." We all know that english is the international language of commerce. Nobody speaks the puny languages of japanese etc.
yep those Asians like nothing more than heading on down to the Asian-peoples-working-club in Asia and talking Asian to one another all day about Asian stuff that happened during the day in Asia
Old 10th July 2007, 08:46 AM

Question: what's an asian's favorite flavor of instant ramen?
Answer: "oriental" flavor
Old 10th July 2007, 11:22 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Of interest - wouldn't happen to be your own site would it Rubber Duck?
Actually hoping the answer is yes to be honest...

Asiaplay
No, unfortunately not. With a membership of about 60K, it is potentially valuable.

Quote:
Actually it is the politically incorrect who run the show, which is why we have the children of poor people dying for an oil war in iraq while the children of the president booze it up like the spoiled useless brats they are.

Last I heard, goidn, you can still say "Chinese" nothing intolerant about that. It just isn't correct to lump Asians together in the same category as you did. I grew up with a lot of that kind of nasty ignorance around me in the deep south. Won't tolerate it as an adult.
I think you will laugh long and loud when the dozy pillocks are queued down the street to register English keywords in dot Asia. There is usually a payback for ignorance.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 10th July 2007 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10th July 2007, 12:25 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Even the word Chinese is a recent invention by the west and the communist party. Locally, you are a hongkong man, a taiwanese man, or a shanghainese, a chengdu man, etc, etc, no chinese calls another chinese a chinese.