IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2007, 06:42 PM

nicb5 is an unknown quantity at this point
FREE! Get your french IDNs appraised accurately for the actual market conditions

Hi guys,

I just finished tweaking my way of determining prices for my french IDNs and I thought I would share it with you. The results are very accurate and give a very realistic view on how much you should expect for your names in the current market situation, meaning you won't undersell but at the same time you won't scare away potential buyers by fixing way too high prices. What I do is run your name in an equation I developed that considers a lot of factors. I then manually tweak the resulting price to reflect things I can't include in the equation. Part of that tweaking is my appreciation as a native french speaking person.

I say give it a try, take it as insight or as a second opinion. I of course do not want to dictate prices of the french market, on the contrary I often get the "you give away too much info" treatment. Honestly, and I know I'm probably shooting myself in the foot with this, take the price I give you with a "Right now, as of today, do NOT sell under that price" approach.

Now I know most of you will want to go private on this when we aren't talking about a fresh regged name, so I will accept requests by PM. If you want to go public, then by all means do it! I think you are starting to know me as a very open guy, so it shouldn't be a surprise to hear that I love to actually exchange info and collaborate even though it isn't really the general atmosphere here... people are so secretive .

I offer this for free of course since i'm not a professional appraiser (Does one really exist?). But if you want to make me smile, I love replies and rep points!

So... who's game?

Nick
Old 12th July 2007, 07:06 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: FREE! Get your french IDNs appraised accurately for the actual market conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicb5

So... who's game?

Nick
I have fairly fresh regged names, so I am game for public appraisals.

côtedor.com
haute-saône.com
crèmebrûlée.com
soufflé.com (btw, this one gets the most traffic)
côte-dazur.com
côtes-darmor.com
laféeverte.com
région-parisienne.com
saône-et-loire.com
discothèque.net
rémy.net
île-de-france.net

And yes, you will be writing content for some of those as soon as I get off my lazy butt and send the specs to you.

Old 12th July 2007, 09:26 PM

Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: FREE! Get your french IDNs appraised accurately for the actual market conditions

Salut!
Je suis du Québec, donc pas de probleme pour le français non plus.
En voici quelques-uns:

génial.com
9à5.com
oké.com
bronzé.com
éden.com
pépé.com
panthère.com
roméo.com
àla.tv

Is you algorythm portable/installable?
I'm currently building my IDN portal and it might be something to add.

@ +
Old 12th July 2007, 09:31 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

What about this one please.

l’art.com

In general what do you think of it?

Think I should try to dev it?

TY
Old 12th July 2007, 09:42 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
l’art.com
I didn't even know what apostrophe was a valid character in IDNs

Old 12th July 2007, 10:32 PM

It isn't. It's the "right quotation mark", part of the Common script (symbols, etc), that is most likely to stop resolving in the future. They do now though. Check out l’amour.com... !
Old 12th July 2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
It isn't. It's the "right quotation mark", part of the Common script (symbols, etc), that is most likely to stop resolving in the future. They do now though. Check out l’amour.com... !
A forward to adultfriendfinder.com, I should have known!

That site has to be the biggest scam in history.

Old 13th July 2007, 01:55 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I like those domains l’amour.com was my favorite. It is also a last name.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1055...html#post66793
Old 13th July 2007, 02:00 AM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

OK, here are a few in various TLDs -

glacière.com
téléchargements.biz
véhiculeélectrique.com
français.biz
hôteloffre.com
internettéléphone.com
téléviseurslcd.com
prêts.biz
prêtsenligne.com
macaohôtels.com
macauhôtels.com
téléphonesmobiles.info
prêtpersonnel.biz
téléphoneportable.info
téléphonesportables.biz
prêtimmobilier.biz
réfrigérateurcongélateur.com French
locationvéhicule.com
rachatcrédit.biz
rachatdecrédit.biz
satellitetélévision.com
télélcd.com
défiscalisation.biz
téléphones.biz
letéléphone.com
séjourweekend.com
fiancéevisa.com
fiancéevisas.com
Old 13th July 2007, 04:55 AM

Alright! let's get this started... I didn't expect that many replies so I will try to keep it short. I will give you the price after human analysis... Please remember that it is MY way of evaluating names, which you can ignore of course if you want, because there is no right way to make a perfect appraisal in a highly speculative business like this. What you can be pretty sure though is the difference in value in between your names. If a name is 15% more expensive than another, it should remain the same even if you jack up the prices.

REMEMBER: The prices that are given are what you should at least expect if you were to sell today according to my evaluation system.

Here we go! Let's have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
I have fairly fresh regged names, so I am game for public appraisals.

côtedor.com
haute-saône.com
crèmebrûlée.com
soufflé.com (btw, this one gets the most traffic)
côte-dazur.com
côtes-darmor.com
laféeverte.com
région-parisienne.com
saône-et-loire.com
discothèque.net
rémy.net
île-de-france.net

And yes, you will be writing content for some of those as soon as I get off my lazy butt and send the specs to you.

Hehe no sweat about the content writing, it's not like I am dependant on that income. Really just email me when you're ready! Would you mind me doing someone else's content writing while you prepare the spec sheets?

Now for the appraisals:

côtedor.com -> 60$
haute-saône.com -> 77$
crèmebrûlée.com -> 78$
soufflé.com -> 86$
côte-dazur.com -> 113$
côtes-darmor.com -> 81$
laféeverte.com -> 66$
région-parisienne.com -> 74$
saône-et-loire.com -> 82$
discothèque.net -> 114$
rémy.net -> 84$
île-de-france.net -> 102$

Quote:
Salut!
Je suis du Québec, donc pas de probleme pour le français non plus.
En voici quelques-uns:

génial.com
9à5.com
oké.com
bronzé.com
éden.com
pépé.com
panthère.com
roméo.com
àla.tv

Is you algorythm portable/installable?
I'm currently building my IDN portal and it might be something to add.

@ +
Salut Pete! Je ne savais pas qu'il y avait un autre québécois ici. Moi je suis de Laval! Bon! Voyons comment mon algorithme aime tes noms! And to answer your question, most of it could be programmed by someone skillful... still hard: it uses G"" results, fr OVT, Adwords competition, Google trends, length, extension and that is only the easiest of the variables for a machine. Other things like Dev opportunities and TM issues can't be coded. Still maybe a basic version of it could be coded. Good luck with your portal. PM me if you want to collaborate!

génial.com -> 126$
9à5.com -> 54$
oké.com -> 52$
bronzé.com -> 59$

Ok it is way too late now I'll finish the rest tommorow!
Nick
Old 13th July 2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicb5
Now for the appraisals:

côtedor.com -> 60$
haute-saône.com -> 77$
crèmebrûlée.com -> 78$
soufflé.com -> 86$
côte-dazur.com -> 113$
côtes-darmor.com -> 81$
laféeverte.com -> 66$
région-parisienne.com -> 74$
saône-et-loire.com -> 82$
discothèque.net -> 114$
rémy.net -> 84$
île-de-france.net -> 102$
Thanks! It is interesting to see your opinion that discothèque.net is worth more than côte-dazur.com (the french riviera).

Old 13th July 2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

xxxbossmoonxxx is an unknown quantity at this point

This "apprisal" is a joke? Right? Must be...
Old 13th July 2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxbossmoonxxx
This "apprisal" is a joke? Right? Must be...
Sounds fair enough to me!
The names I've listed (génial.com, 9à5, etc), I wouldn't sell for under 2000$, but this is what I probably would get today for them by ordinary buyers&sellers, given the current unawareness of Idns.

Here's some suggestions to improve the algo:

-Verify if the Idns are taken in lesser extensions as well (.tv, .biz, .ws, etc). If so, then you've got something desirable.
-Verify is variants of them exists (dash, n umbers, typos, etc). If so, you've got something desirable
-Verify when was the ascii counterpart registered; the farther in the past, the better
-If it's an idn.net, verify when was the idn.com registered; the farther in the past, the better
-Add a value multiplier for certain categories (cities, sex, etc).

Cheers
Old 17th July 2007, 04:42 PM

Just a quick word to say I haven't forgotten about you guys (including PMs and emails)... I am very busy with design jobs as of lately ( I don't even have the time to update vidéohumour.tv which is now up to 225 uniques this month, I should really find time for that).

So it might not be done this week but you will get it eventually I can assure you.

Nick