View Single Post
Old 27th October 2008, 05:20 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: биржа.com for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I have to disagree there. The valuation of domains has little to do with ethics. Look at the ASCII market and show me the corollary. It is all about vision, risk, courage and greed. In the case of IDNs, the vision is just not there. The rats are following a pied piper with a white stick.
Don't get you here. I was not making any correlation between value and ethics.

At the end of the day the seller in this case obviously can do whatever he pleases, it's his domain. I just feel there is a correct way to carry yourself. Because domaining is so damn fragmented it lacks a lot of professionalism. Which quite frankly frustrates the hell out of me. I obviously stay in the game because the returns are potentially high, but in most other industries this behavior does not happen and is not tolerated.

If I could tell you how many times sellers backed out of agreed upon prices or tried to raise prices once funds are in escrow you would be shocked. I have stories, plenty of them, which will probably be fun to reveal some day.

I have pretty much put this to rest, but when I wake up to complete bollocks I have to say something.