IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2007, 01:04 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Red face Nap Time

I'm a little hacked off with all this waiting around to be honest. Me thinks its time to deep freeze these IDN's and go do something more productive.

I've got a vacation coming up and then i'm over in the States for the whole of August, and when I come back I will be taking a nap. until when? don't know, probably 'til the new year when it will be time to start negotiating a new renewals rate again I guess.

For those of you that are going to Vegas in August, I'll see you there for a sherbert or two

... so if you have any links you want to trade or stuff to sell me or stuff to discuss - do it asap please, meanwhile i'll be out shopping for a nice duvet
Old 16th July 2007, 01:21 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: Nap Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
its time to deep freeze these IDN's and go do something more productive.
Like arranging your vacation to coinside with a mini IDN convention
Old 16th July 2007, 01:26 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
I'm a little hacked off with all this waiting around to be honest. Me thinks its time to deep freeze these IDN's and go do something more productive.
It seems the new trend on this board is to post lists of junk ascii domains for sale, so if you have any to liquidate then now might be the time!

Old 16th July 2007, 01:43 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Like arranging your vacation to coinside with a mini IDN convention
or putting together a moonie-forum spoof page :p
Old 16th July 2007, 01:45 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

I don't have junk ascii, so the second choice was the obvious one

Old 16th July 2007, 01:46 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
It seems the new trend on this board is to post lists of junk ascii domains for sale, so if you have any to liquidate then now might be the time!

notanotherrubbishbazardomainname.com

expecting good offer
Old 16th July 2007, 01:53 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm

Just the latest wave of naive investors trying to identify marks that are even more stupid and naive than themselves.

They will generally only wind up here after drawing a blank at all the established forums and auctions.

What makes them believe they will do better here, God only knows, but they say he loves a trier.

Those of us like yourselves that are fully invested can do little more than kill time now, while the rest of the World wakes up to the reality that they have have all but missed out on one of the biggest bonanzas the World will ever see.

With the up turn in recent days of unsolicited offers in for domains in obscure cities and previously unloved languages from natives speakers, I don't think it can be too long now.
Old 16th July 2007, 02:02 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
.. I don't think it can be too long now.
Old 16th July 2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
...I don't think it can be too long now.
Is it time for the monthly "it won't be long now" speech?
Old 16th July 2007, 02:26 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

More productive just means , Alpha will be focusing more on development and wont be around the board that much.

Quote:
Old 16th July 2007, 02:28 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
More productive just means , will be focusing more on development and wont be around the board that much.
no it doesn't, i've done that and printed my own t-shirt. If I never see a XN-- bs name again it won't be long enough
Old 16th July 2007, 02:33 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
no it doesn't, i've done that and printed my own t-shirt. If I never see a XN-- bs name again it won't be long enough
alpha is just gonna buy all the idners at vegas caviar, drinks and cigars
Old 16th July 2007, 02:38 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
alpha is just gonna buy all the idners at vegas caviar, drinks and cigars
WRONG!!!! he has already promised to BUY me a few of these !

Old 16th July 2007, 02:39 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I'm sorry but that girl looks nasty

man perhaps?
Old 16th July 2007, 02:40 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:

you want me to buy you some suspenders ? :o weird. ok.
Old 16th July 2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but that girl looks nasty

man perhaps?

I got the pic off your myspace page , so can you confirm if she/he is ? If so not my cup of tea
Old 16th July 2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I got the pic off your myspace page , so can you confirm if she/he is ? If so not my cup of tea
nice try - you found her on hotornot and picked the ugliest girl rated a "1"
Old 16th July 2007, 02:52 PM

"As the party at Delux winds down, 14 Yahoo executives pile into a stretch Hummer with a few of the IDNER's, including Alpha, who has an exclusive contract in which Yahoo serves all the ads for his sites. The limo heads 35 miles south on Interstate 95 to Scarlett's Gentlemen's Club. The men kick back in the VIP section, outfitted with plush booths and red velvet curtains.

When the woman in charge of the area comes by and mentions the cost of the booths, the IDNF crew gets nervous. And in the end, no one wants to pay $1,000 tab . Finally, Alpha pulls out a roll of cash and pays up. Not a big deal for a guy who owns a share of a jet.

Last edited by thegenius1; 16th July 2007 at 02:58 PM..
Old 16th July 2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
"As the party at Delux winds down, 14 Yahoo executives pile into a stretch Hummer with a few of the IDNER's, including idncowboy, who has an exclusive contract in which Yahoo serves all the ads for his sites. The limo heads 35 miles south on Interstate 95 to Scarlett's Gentlemen's Club. The men kick back in the VIP section, outfitted with plush booths and red velvet curtains.

When the woman in charge of the area comes by and mentions the cost of the booths, the IDNF crew gets nervous. And in the end, no one wants to pay $1,000 tab . Finally, Males pulls out a roll of cash and pays up. Not a big deal for a guy who owns a share of a jet.

$1000 dollars? Which scores do you go to? :P

Alpha will spend $10,000 if the executives can spend $200,000

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 16th July 2007 at 04:53 PM..
Old 16th July 2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
$1000 dollars? Which scores do you go to? :P

Alpha will spend $10,000 if the executives can spend $200,000
You would have to ask FRANK where he took us !

"As the party at Delux winds down, 14 Yahoo executives pile into a stretch Hummer with a few of the domainers, including Schilling, who has an exclusive contract in which Yahoo serves all the ads for his sites. The limo heads 35 miles south on Interstate 95 to Scarlett's Gentlemen's Club. The men kick back in the VIP section, outfitted with plush booths and red velvet curtains.

When the woman in charge of the area comes by and mentions the cost of the booths, the Yahoo crew gets nervous. And in the end, no one wants to submit the $1,000 tab to the expense department back at headquarters. Finally, Schilling pulls out a roll of cash and pays up. Not a big deal for a guy who owns a share of a jet. But considering that Schilling's traffic generated more than 1 percent of Yahoo's $3.6 billion in revenues last year, you'd think one of those guys could have stood up and taken one for the team. "