IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2005, 04:57 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
自動車 趣味.jp

Just got this one. Let me know what you think.

2,489,483 Ovt.

Means "Automobile Hobby" in Japanese.

The .com and .net are registered and parked.
Old 31st October 2005, 06:41 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: 自動車 趣味.jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle

2,489,483 Ovt.

I like it, but then I registered the dot net.

Olney has the dot com!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 31st October 2005, 06:52 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

hey.  has anyone noticed that when typing in a domain in local characters with a space on firefox it forwards to another site even though the whois says it's not taken?  it this going to be a problem with two or more names?  Or is this part of the security flaw they are talking about?

To check it just put an any two japanese characters put a space between them and hit enter and a site will come up. that could be a major problem for people thinking they are on another site.
Old 31st October 2005, 07:15 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
hey. has anyone noticed that when typing in a domain in local characters with a space on firefox it forwards to another site even though the whois says it's not taken? it this going to be a problem with two or more names? Or is this part of the security flaw they are talking about?

To check it just put an any two japanese characters put a space between them and hit enter and a site will come up. that could be a major problem for people thinking they are on another site.
Spaces are not valid at all in Kanji, but Hirijana accepts a dot like character analagous to a hypen but sometimes interpreted as a space thus:

クレジット・カード.com

This can be registered quite separately from クレジットカード.com, which would appear to be much more valuable, although it all depends what people do when they type-in.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 1st November 2005, 12:53 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yeah we picked this up before we actually told Dave how to get better results.
So basically that's why I own a lot of the top searched terms only in my portolio.

The meaning is Car Hobby (exact translation)

I'm sure you guys will find a few more that I own that I haven't written publically.

I'm not sure if the .nets are available but I think te .jps are.
I just want to own the .coms

Also as far as firefox goes.

You guys will put in a Japanese term with an English based space in the middle.
Dave the dot is not common for people to use while they search, so people will mostly not type that in.

When you type in Japanese & press the space bar the width is also double byte & is different than using the keyboard in English.
I'll try to see where 自動車 趣味goes..

It goes to the first google result if you put the space in it.
I actually don't remember it doing this before.

I think IE resolves to the .com if it's available, but it seems like Firefox goes to the first Google result.
Old 1st November 2005, 07:26 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
Yeah we picked this up before we actually told Dave how to get better results.
So basically that's why I own a lot of the top searched terms only in my portolio.

The meaning is Car Hobby (exact translation)

I'm sure you guys will find a few more that I own that I haven't written publically.

I'm not sure if the .nets are available but I think te .jps are.
I just want to own the .coms

Also as far as firefox goes.

You guys will put in a Japanese term with an English based space in the middle.
Dave the dot is not common for people to use while they search, so people will mostly not type that in.

When you type in Japanese & press the space bar the width is also double byte & is different than using the keyboard in English.
I'll try to see where 自動車 趣味goes..

It goes to the first google result if you put the space in it.
I actually don't remember it doing this before.

I think IE resolves to the .com if it's available, but it seems like Firefox goes to the first Google result.
Yes, got a bit confused over this as put the extension into the address bar before and Firefox just came back with an error.

Yes Firefox goes to the first Google Result, but with IE I was taken to Yahoo Search Results!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 14th November 2005, 07:27 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:

2,489,483 Ovt.

Sarcle, are you seeing any traffic?
Old 15th November 2005, 11:34 AM
Veteran

I think expecting massive type-in traffic at this time is not particulary realistic. However, I believe that if you actually host your site and do a bit of basic Seo work by including the relevant search term in the Title and Page content, as well as having the term in URL, it is highly likely that significant traffic would be generated.

Using Google Adwords to raise the profile of a new site is also likely to be very cost effective as most Local Character search terms will not command much of a premium at this time.

Once the volumes of type-in become very substantial, the prices of a lot of this kind of domain will already be out of reach of many speculators.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 21st July 2006, 04:03 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
Are you getting traffic now?