IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2006, 10:14 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Cool AutoSales.com JPN ?

I recently picked up AutoSales.com Japanese Abbreviation 自販.com

Noting to brag about on the Stats side, But i remeber seing a post last week about there not being that many ways to express Car Sales in Japanese...?

So the big Question Is Hit Or Miss ?

Last edited by thegenius1; 2nd March 2006 at 10:17 AM..
Old 2nd March 2006, 10:19 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: AutoSales.com JPN ?

You've picked up "auto" as in "automatic", not "auto" as in "car".
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:11 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
You've picked up "auto" as in "automatic", not "auto" as in "car".

I have a question then, why would it be automatic sales , the source i got it from is pretty good, and when i googled it for images i did see some car lots come up ?
Old 2nd March 2006, 12:05 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
I have a question then, why would it be automatic sales , the source i got it from is pretty good, and when i googled it for images i did see some car lots come up ?
Yes, but you should have seen a lot more pictures of vending machines, which is what the characters refer to (one of the ways of saying it, anyway) - perhaps a few happened to be in car lots?
Old 2nd March 2006, 12:25 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Maybe as in a car that has "automatic" drive, not 4 speed? Vending machines is a billion dollar biz too.
Old 2nd March 2006, 08:24 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Maybe as in a car that has "automatic" drive, not 4 speed? Vending machines is a billion dollar biz too.
It isn't "automatic" as in manual/automatic.
Old 4th March 2006, 06:34 AM

Okay i see, as i was going through my list i noticed a similarity, 自販機 is Vending Machine , < its regd > and i have 自販 witch is either Vending or Auto Sales abbreviation of whitch my source says..... can anybody confirm either or ?
Old 4th March 2006, 07:44 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Okay i see, as i was going through my list i noticed a similarity, 自販機 is Vending Machine , < its regd > and i have 自販 witch is either Vending or Auto Sales abbreviation of whitch my source says..... can anybody confirm either or ?
If you do the Yahoo.co.jp search you can note pretty quickly that in fact one company owning mulitple english websites advertises used cars using that word. In fact, if there is one natural owner for that word in Japan - it's that dude. He'd be a nut not to buy it.
Old 4th March 2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
If you do the Yahoo.co.jp search you can note pretty quickly that in fact one company owning mulitple english websites advertises used cars using that word. In fact, if there is one natural owner for that word in Japan - it's that dude. He'd be a nut not to buy it.
Okay this is getting crazy, So after your post i took some time and actually ran some of the documents from Yahoo.co.jp thru another translator, and Im coming up with " Automobile Marketing " thus proving this does have to do with Auto Sales , can somebody tell me where to find .jp whois i need to call this guy asap
Old 4th March 2006, 03:27 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Okay this is getting crazy, So after your post i took some time and actually ran some of the documents from Yahoo.co.jp thru another translator, and Im coming up with " Automobile Marketing " thus proving this does have to do with Auto Sales , can somebody tell me where to find .jp whois i need to call this guy asap

Why the registry of course:

http://jprs.co.jp/en/
Old 4th March 2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>i need to call this guy asap

Why?

That'll give him a huge negotiation advantage.

Sit on it and wait for him to contact you.
Old 4th March 2006, 04:02 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
>i need to call this guy asap

Why?

That'll give him a huge negotiation advantage.

Sit on it and wait for him to contact you.
Yes, I think you should tell him the story of the Young Bull and the Old Bull!
Old 4th March 2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

:^)

blah blah blah
Old 4th March 2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Yes, I think you should tell him the story of the Young Bull and the Old Bull!
whats the story dave ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
:^)

blah blah blah

is this the story ? whats the meaning ?

I would take a brand new car for it maybe, uless you guys suggest otherwise

Last edited by thegenius1; 4th March 2006 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 4th March 2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator

The blah blah blah is there because you can't just post a smiley to this board.

Something to do with inadequate content.

I've never had complaints about that before.

Except from Google. :^)
Old 4th March 2006, 05:23 PM
Veteran

Well, the two Bulls were turned out on to the open hill side in the early Spring.

After a while they noticed a large group of Heifers on the ridge in the distance.

The Young Bull says to the old Bull, "Why don't we run up and service a few of those babes?"

With a wry smile, the experienced operatoar retorts, "No, let us WALK up and f*ck the lot"!
Old 4th March 2006, 05:27 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Not this one:

One day, there was an old bull and a young bull talking to each other in the pasture. The young bull looked at the older bull and asked, “Did you hear the farmer is getting another bull?”

This upset the older bull. “Before you got here, I had 120 cows to keep me happy. Then I had to give you 50. Well I am not giving up any more of my cows!”

The younger one thought a minute. “Well, I only have 50 and he wants me to give some up. Forget it.”

Just then the farmer pulled up and unloaded the biggest, meanest and ugliest bull ever created. Frightened, the older bull said, “Well at my age I only need a few cows, so I guess he can have as many as he wants.”

The younger one started stomping and snorting and puffing out his chest. The old bull looked at him in amazement. “Are you nuts? A few cows aren’t worth your life.”

“Cows, hell,” the younger one shouted, “he can have all the cows he wants. I just want to make sure he knows I’m not one of them.”
Old 4th March 2006, 05:31 PM
Veteran

Yes, I like that one!