IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2007, 12:43 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
yahoo japan paid ads

Is it just me because I'm sitting in the U.S. but I have not seen any paid ad listings on the right hand column of yahoo.co.jp's search results for at least a week. Probably this is because they are switching over to their new advertising platform. But if this is the case, then it is a clusterf*ck for them because they must be losing millions every day.
Old 19th July 2007, 12:56 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: yahoo japan paid ads

fine with me, did you click their ads? sometimes ads disappear, and appear again.
Old 19th July 2007, 01:31 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
fine with me, did you click their ads? sometimes ads disappear, and appear again.
which is of course against their TOS and could get you instantly banned....
Old 19th July 2007, 01:31 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
... a clusterf*ck ....
I have never ever heard that word before.

But it's regged in .com, net, org, info, US and Mobi [LMAO]
Old 19th July 2007, 01:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale

Some sort of slang for orgy? btw, did you guys see the news. The news about the fake buns in China was faked! Double fake.
Old 19th July 2007, 01:49 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:

Clusterf*ck is a *very* commonly used term in the US, and I think it originated from inside the US Army. It basically describes the situation you have at a busy intersection at evening rush hour when the traffic lights stop working, or the lack of management to effectively manage their resources and they all get tied up and in the way of each other, etc.

If you've ever been in a taxi leaving Mumbai airport, then you've been in a clusterf*ck.

Old 19th July 2007, 01:51 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Clusterf*ck is a *very* commonly used term in the US, and I think it originated from inside the US Army. It basically describes the situation you have at a busy intersection at evening rush hour when the traffic lights stop working, or the lack of management to effectively manage their resources and they all get tied up and in the way of each other, etc.

If you've ever been in a taxi leaving Mumbai airport, then you've been in a clusterf*ck.

thanks MJ.

Touch: you think about sex too much :p
Old 19th July 2007, 02:04 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
'
Clusterf*ck is a VERY common term in the us to describe anything that gets screwed up due to "too many" people involved.
Not used as a sexual term generally. Speaking of recognizing terms, I would be that 95% of Americans wouldn't
recognize the word 'arse'.
Old 19th July 2007, 02:14 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
'
Clusterf*ck is a VERY common term in the us to describe anything that gets screwed up due to "too many" people involved.
Come to think of it, that would actually describe the entire city of Mumbai.

Old 19th July 2007, 02:16 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Some sort of slang for orgy? btw, did you guys see the news. The news about the fake buns in China was faked! Double fake.
I woudn't be surprised if the US Commerce Department wasn't behind that!

It seems as though the main strategy for counteracting the Chinese "threat" is to call them names.
Old 19th July 2007, 02:17 PM
Veteran

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFRVeElt40M

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5laSntyxNA
Old 19th July 2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I woudn't be surprised if the US Commerce Department wasn't behind that!

It seems as though the main strategy for counteracting the Chinese "threat" is to call them names.
It worked during WWII. All cartoons were designed to make the Japanese look stupid and weak, with huge buck teeth, etc, while the US military were smart and powerful. Even Disney was in on the action. Many of these cartoons were made exclusively for soldiers, and it was the only thing showing when they had a break. The propaganda machine will rise again, but the internet makes it a bit more difficult this time around.

Old 19th July 2007, 02:32 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It worked during WWII. All cartoons were designed to make the Japanese look stupid and weak, with huge buck teeth, etc, while the US military were smart and powerful. Even Disney was in on the action. Many of these cartoons were made exclusively for soldiers, and it was the only thing showing when they had a break. The propaganda machine will rise again, but the internet makes it a bit more difficult this time around.

I think you'll find Disney had their own agenda, nasty as it was.
Old 19th July 2007, 02:56 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Cat is out the bag. European consumers certainly understand that Chinese quality and price is competitive with the overpriced steam powered equivalent from across the water.

After the divorce I swapped my Toyota Landcruiser for an Grand Vitara. The first was like a big Mini to drive, the other was like trying to manouvre a bloody super tanker.

I remember as a child made in Japan or Hong Kong was a sign of perceived poor quality and the British propoganda machine tried to hammer home that point. It didn't work here then, and it won't work in the US with Chinese produce.

Quote:

Old 19th July 2007, 05:56 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Alpha,

Somehow I am honored to have introduced a new word into your lexicon especially because it is one I use and say all the time.

Can someone please comment on the yahoo advertising question? I want to know if this is just me.
Old 19th July 2007, 06:02 PM

DavyBUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it is just you rhys...I don't get any ads on the right hand side either...
Old 19th July 2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

You've never heard "clusterfuck" before?

Think "Bush Presidency".
Old 19th July 2007, 06:38 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Alpha,

Somehow I am honored to have introduced a new word into your lexicon especially because it is one I use and say all the time.

Can someone please comment on the yahoo advertising question? I want to know if this is just me.
thank you Rhys, the honor is all mine.

Next time I find myself describing a f*ck-up, I will instantly think of you...

... and maybe use the word "ClusterF*ck"
Old 19th July 2007, 06:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
thanks MJ.

Touch: you think about sex too much :p

No, not thinking of sex, because, there is really a singapore military term for this kind of scenario - mass orgy (literally) where a big group of ppl end up scr*wing (literally) each other instead of getting the job done.
Old 19th July 2007, 08:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
No, not thinking of sex, because, there is really a singapore military term for this kind of scenario - mass orgy (literally) where a big group of ppl end up scr*wing (literally) each other instead of getting the job done.
I think the term you are looking for is:

"Democratic Government"