IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2007, 05:19 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
China becomes World Economy's Locomotive!

...China's growth forecast in 2007 has been raised from 10% to 11.2%, and for the first time it will become the biggest element in worldwide growth.

"With a growth slowdown in the United States, China will be the largest contributor to global growth," the IMF's Charles Collyns said.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6916195.stm
Old 26th July 2007, 05:30 AM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: China becomes World Economy's Locomotive!

the 5,000th china thread from RD. You must have a ton of chinese idn eh? You talk china more than I talk poker

With over a billion people and everthing in the world being produced in china now it better be a strong economy.
Old 26th July 2007, 05:39 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

The reason we have to talk China so much is that the US seems to get it muddled up with Taiwan.

Honestly, the way ASCII bunch carry on you would think it was another name for Cuba.

Of course if you want to talk about home which seems to be an obsession for American's then:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6915936.stm
Old 26th July 2007, 05:42 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
the 5,000th china thread from RD. You must have a ton of chinese idn eh?

Of course, the Chinese domain LLC, the biggest Chinese portfolio owner.
Old 26th July 2007, 05:44 AM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

Dont lump me in. America is plenty messed up. I can see whats happening. I'm just jesting ya, your posts are a good read but not my bag.

At least I'm right next to that domain convention coming, think I'll go. Buncha ascii wankers though eh?
Old 26th July 2007, 08:05 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
Of course, the Chinese domain LLC, the biggest Chinese portfolio owner.
Maybe, but we don't see China as a make or break market.

We could get by without it!
Old 26th July 2007, 08:44 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously, these GDP figures are really just for show. They don't mean anything.

If you wonder why prices of oil, steel and food keeps going up while building activity stalls in America, GDP figures don't provide the explanation.

Here's a Feb 2005 report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4272577.stm

China emerges as global consumer
China has overtaken the US in the consumption of basic agricultural and industrial goods, a survey has found.

With a booming economy and 1.3bn people, it is now the world's largest consumer of grain, meat, coal and steel, said the Earth Policy Institute.

But China's insatiable demands are putting ever more pressure on the country's natural resources.

Air and water pollution are already serious problems, and there is talk of a looming ecological crisis.

China is well ahead of the US in the consumption of goods such as television sets, refrigerators and mobile phones, according to the Washington-based Earth Policy Institute.

However, per capita consumption in China - the world's most populous country - remains far below that of the US.

According to the report:

* 64m tons of meat were consumed in China in 2004 compared to 38m tons in the US

* 258m tons of steel were used in China in 2003 compared to 104m in the US

* China's factories and homes burned 40% more coal than in the US

* The number of PCs in China is doubling every 28 months.

The latest official figures for the Chinese economy, the sixth-largest in the world, show it is growing at an even faster rate than expected.

It expanded by 9.5% in 2004, its highest rate for eight years, the figures show.

"China's eclipse of the United States as a consumer nation should be seen as another milestone along the path of its evolution as a world economic leader," Lester Brown, the institute's president, said.

"China is no longer just a developing country," he said. "It is an emerging economic superpower, one that is writing economic history".

Illegal timber

The report said China's massive appetite for goods ranging from grain to platinum had placed it "at the centre of the world raw materials economy".

One of these raw materials is wood - and the illegal trade in stolen timber is stripping Asia of its last substantial forests, according to a report by the US and UK-based Environmental Investigations Agency and Indonesian campaigning group Telapak.

Indonesia is now suffering the fastest rate of deforestation in the world, losing a wooded area the size of Switzerland every year.

According to investigators, Chinese factories process one stolen Indonesian log every minute of every working day.

Deforestation is not the only unwanted consequence of China's huge consumption of natural materials, says the BBC's Louisa Lim in Beijing.

Coal-fired power plants supply much of the country's energy and according to government estimates, 60% of Chinese cities have serious air pollution problems, she says.

The Kyoto Protocol considers China a developing nation, and it is currently exempt from cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

Experts also say that more than three-quarters of the water flowing through China's cities is unsuitable for drinking because of pollution from industrial waste, according to our correspondent.

Scores of rivers have dried up and water tables are getting ever lower.

An official from the Chinese environmental watchdog, Panyue, said the nation's resources and its environment had already reached the limits of their capacity to cope.

Initial moves are now being taken to enforce environmental laws, but moves in this direction could ignite new tensions between government agencies and big business.
Story from BBC NEWS:

Last edited by touchring; 26th July 2007 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21st August 2007, 07:21 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Chinese gov sites:

http://www.bxjsj.gov.cn
http://www.xzsfxz.gov.cn

lol
Old 21st August 2007, 07:22 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

http://znjz.zjkjw.gov.cn/so.htm
http://qzlyj.gov.cn/index.htm
http://www.xxzx.org.cn/index.htm

All hacked by Türks.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 21st August 2007 at 07:42 PM..
Old 21st August 2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx

Buncha ascii wankers though eh?
You dissing my buddies?
Old 21st August 2007, 08:13 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

A I M F A I
Old 21st August 2007, 08:15 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
A I M F A I
WTF?

Old 22nd August 2007, 11:39 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
WTF?

FIIK
Old 22nd August 2007, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
FIIK
:o
Old 16th March 2013, 07:43 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Just thought I'd revive an old thread, since that's what's going on these days. I searched for "jesting" and this is the only thread that had that word.

BTW: AFAIK, A I M F A I means "All impotent men fear alluring Icelanders." And FIIK means "For Iceland I'd Kill."

:o means :o)

Took me six years to figure out you IDN types, but I got yer number now.

Last edited by clipper; 16th March 2013 at 07:45 AM..