IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th July 2007, 07:06 AM

mwbseiso is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mwbseiso Send a message via AIM to mwbseiso Send a message via Skype™ to mwbseiso
My first IDNs...

So I guess I joined the IDN community a little late in the game, making it quite difficult to find something. Any feedback as to what some of these can be worth would be truly appreciate it...

チャリティー.net
Language: Japanese
Meaning: Charity
Google: 14,600,000
Google (in quotes): 14,800,000

архив.net
Language: Russian
Meaning: Archive
Google: 180,000,000
Google (in quotes): 181,000,000

авторы.com
Meaning: Authors
Google: 116,000,000
Google (in quotes): 42,700,000
Google Images: 1,300,000

рік.com (3 letters!)
Language: Ukrainian
Meaning: Year
Google: 16,400,000
Google (in quotes): 16,500,000
Google Images: 339,000

Thanks a lot!

Mahdi
Old 29th July 2007, 11:42 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: My first IDNs...

I don't speak russian, but if archive.net is correct, then I think this one is pretty good.

Old 29th July 2007, 12:10 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Just my 2 cents. I would spend the extra money to register .jp over .net for Japanese.
Some speculate they may be worth 5x to 10x more than .nets in the long run.
Old 29th July 2007, 03:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mwbseiso Send a message via AIM to mwbseiso Send a message via Skype™ to mwbseiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
I don't speak russian, but if archive.net is correct, then I think this one is pretty good.

This is indeed the correct spelling (my two native languages are Russian and Arabic). Thanks for the feedback! Any thoughts on the others?

I also have...

авторы.com
Meaning: Authors
Google: 116,000,000
Google (in quotes): 42,700,000

응답.com
Language: Korean
Meaning: Answers
Google: 20,100,000
Google (in quotes): 20,100,000
Old 29th July 2007, 04:02 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbseiso
This is indeed the correct spelling (my two native languages are Russian and Arabic).
No feedback on the others. It's nice to have more native russian speakers on board, as russian is such a difficult language to get right.

I only have 1 russian domain (other than the вимакс.com which I just bought)

What do you think of меха.com (xn--80aju1b.com)?

Old 29th July 2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I only have 1 russian domain (other than the вимакс.com which I just bought)
Very nice!

Quote:
What do you think of меха.com (xn--80aju1b.com)?
This, as you presumably know already, is the plural word for "fur". I think it's a keeper. Just wait till IDN use kicks off in Russia and then try monetizing.
Old 29th July 2007, 04:20 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

チャリティー.net The overture is pretty low especially for a non-commercial term. 1725 japanese overture. My comment would be that you should search for ones with real commercial value. I have nothing against .net for Japan but .jp is probably a more fruitful place for you to search. It's controversial but in my opinion entirely likely that .JP will be the premier extension for Japan.

Last edited by rhys; 29th July 2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 29th July 2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
This, as you presumably know already, is the plural word for "fur". I think it's a keeper. Just wait till IDN use kicks off in Russia and then try monetizing.
This one was purchased with resale in mind; it would be difficult to monetize the traffic.

Old 29th July 2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
This one was purchased with resale in mind; it would be difficult to monetize the traffic.
Not sure why I said monetize when I meant resell... To early in the "morning"? But yes, I do agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
チャリティー.net The overture is pretty low especially for a non-commercial term. 1725 japanese overture. My comment would be that you should search for ones with real commercial value. I have nothing against .net for Japan but .jp is probably a more fruitful place for you to search. It's controversial but in my opinion entirely likely that .JP will be the premier extension for Japan.
Thanks for the feedback. What's a good .jp registrar?

Last edited by mwbseiso; 29th July 2007 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th July 2007, 06:08 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. What's a good .jp registrar?
jp-domains.com is the one that most here use if they are not based in Japan. You have to have a Japanese address for the registered agent, and they provide that. Choose the 2 for 1 domains and you will be paying $15 each for a year registration. If you are registering only 1 domain enter it in both boxes, you might have to pay for 2 but they will credit your paypal back...or just register 2 at a time.