IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2007, 05:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Sense of humour failure?

Ricks Blog: Why August 15th is so important

http://ricksblog.com/

Rubber Duck: Domain Round Table Live Auction?

Somebody didn't see the funny side. Comment suppressed.
Old 1st August 2007, 06:46 PM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sense of humour failure?

Home of "the domain king" have a PR 0 for me :o
LOL !
Old 1st August 2007, 07:49 PM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Was going to give him a call - but then realised his iphone is not 3G and then thought, ohhh, he is probably lost also as no GPS.. opps lol

Haha - totally agree with ya comments on this one... seems the domainer turned philosopher should perhaps be browsing the net on topics more before he raves... just perhaps .

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: guess he also hasn't realised yet, that his iphone can not do type ins for IDN domains (and that he can not enjoy the sun and surf with his winner)... damn he might be lost if comes to Asia - ya know, that small overpopulated part of the world where 15th August tale makes no logical sense.
Old 1st August 2007, 08:10 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I think that August 15 as one American put it is, "A small step for a man but a great leap for mankind".

Bottom line is, that although it is unlikely that IDN will make much of an impact in the first Auction, we will have the beginnings of competitive and transparent market place, which should benefit us all.

Perhaps, however, not everyone will be celebrating!
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:35 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

His concept is correct but the school years starts at different times in different countries.
August is one of the slowest months in Japan period, especially August 15th most of the country is on vacation in Guam, Hawaii, & Saipan. For here it's July that's high booking season.

But again his concepts are correct, use Google Trends to see the trends of your domain buys based on regions. Seasonal for the US doesn't work worldwide.
If you have one year of traffic stats you can start planning for the following year.
Old 2nd August 2007, 05:38 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
His concept is correct but the school years starts at different times in different countries. August is one of the slowest months in Japan period, especially August 15th most of the country is on vacation in Guam, Hawaii, & Saipan. For here it's July that's high booking season.

But again his concepts are correct, use Google Trends to see the trends of your domain buys based on regions. Seasonal for the US doesn't work worldwide.
If you have one year of traffic stats you can start planning for the following year.
This was also an applicable comment for websites, and applies to parking pages and choices made for templates and color schemes.

QUOTE FROM BLOG:
I have the ability to go to virtually any website that is doing commerce, has traffic, and in 15 minutes I can increase their sales by a minimum of 15% and likey much more. I have done it many times. It’s easy for me. There are certain common and repetitive MISTAKES folks make that nobody ever told them were mistakes. So if they don't know, they don't see and they can't fix. Do you expect somebody to fix something that important that still doesn't understand what I have written here over the last few months? All I can do is try to give certain pieces of the puzzle that may lead to a better understanding. It could be as simple as a font change, a color change, a change in the location of a specific button. Usually a combination of all these and more. They need FRESH EYES to pick up those shortfalls that can make a huge impact on their bottom line. Most people just scoff if off. They don’t believe a few SIMPLE changes can add more sales.