IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Exclamation Arabic keywords dilema

Case 1: 100% correct Arabic word, with all dots and stuff, BUT lousy indicators
Case 2: Top indicators Google/ GTrends / OVT BUT incorrect word due to the lack of dots above letters
Case 3: Top indicators Google/ GTrends / OVT BUT incorrect word due to the use of similar, but simple, arabic letter

Which one is more worthy? I would say 2-1-3.

One thing I know, Arabic IDNs will be a pain in the neck for typos and correct valuations...
Old 1st August 2007, 06:04 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Arabic keywords dilema

Probably! Chances are the Arabs don't know themselves yet!
Old 1st August 2007, 07:35 PM

mwbseiso is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mwbseiso Send a message via AIM to mwbseiso Send a message via Skype™ to mwbseiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Case 1: 100% correct Arabic word, with all dots and stuff, BUT lousy indicators
Well, "dots and stuff" is a little too vague. There are dots that are absolutely essential no matter how lazy you are. The dots that are sometimes dropped are the ones on the ـة or ة at the end of the word. As far as "correct" or "quasi-correct" Arabic goes, that's it. That's regarding the "dots" part.

The "stuff" part is more interesting, in the sense that Arabic uses markings to indicate short vowels (like Hebrew and a few other languages). In many cases, 2 or even 3 words have exactly the same letters (i.e. with the same dots) in the same order, but would mean entirely different things based on the way the semi-vowels are spelled. For instance, the word mourning in Arabic is حِداد where as the word for ironsmith (or steel worker) is حَدّاد. Same basic letters, but entirely different meanings. That said, this "stuff", unlike dots, is almost always dropped. Very few Arabs actually know how to even produce these short vowel characters when typing on a keyboard.

I guess I should consider myself lucky to know Arabic fluently. Even that's not enough: Arabic is a very tough language when it comes to really mastering the language, as opposed to being able to freely communicate with people. Should anyone have any questions about Arabic keywords - pm me or post something here and I may see it!
Old 1st August 2007, 07:52 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Probably! Chances are the Arabs don't know themselves yet!
haha

no .... arabs don't own them yet ....

Jose

I will tell you the difference between different versions of the same arabic word

it is like the difference between couselling and couseling

it doesn't hurt the domain value at all

couseling.co.uk would not be appropriate because british type it with double "L"

if you are a vacuum cleaner consume all versions

if you are poor and you want to select , go for the one with more overture for typeins or more google results if overture doesn't help.

Good Luck