IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Noms de Domaine Français

Noms de Domaine Français IDN talk for French IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2007, 05:17 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy
jeux-vidéos.com sold

was worth to keep it all the years (€ x.xxx)

interesting to see here that a lot of energy is spent for discussions about using le or la with a domain name: the response is of course NO.

or do you think some(normal)body would buy lesjeuxvidéos?
check our selection under www.meilleursnoms.com, you won't find a single article.

Ciao

DABSI
Old 11th August 2007, 05:33 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: jeux-vidéos.com sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
was worth to keep it all the years (€ x.xxx)

interesting to see here that a lot of energy is spent for discussions about using le or la with a domain name: the response is of course NO.

or do you think some(normal)body would buy lesjeuxvidéos?
check our selection under www.meilleursnoms.com, you won't find a single article.

Ciao

DABSI

€ 1.xxx ??
Old 11th August 2007, 05:45 PM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats.

Maybe the same buyer than my jeux-vidéos.net.
(Sold only 160€, but in less than 6 months !!)

I registered all the jeu-video that were open, just before I read your post...

Hey, a guy sell its jeuxvidéo.TV 47.375 €, other sell its jeux.TV 25.000€.

How much for my last jeux-vidéos.TV + jeux-videos.TV (ASCII+IDN), or jeuxvidéos.tv ? :p

Last edited by L@@K; 11th August 2007 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11th August 2007, 06:04 PM

could be but <4
Old 11th August 2007, 06:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
could be but <4

If i were you i won't sell for that price.

There might be a hyphen and the unaccented form is strong, but Jeux Vidéos is still the top french keyword.
Old 11th August 2007, 06:18 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
If i were you i won't sell for that price.

There might be a hyphen and the unaccented form is strong, but Jeux Vidéos is still the top french keyword.
don't give people new ideas
Old 11th August 2007, 06:20 PM

you know we try to limit tha share of such 'exotic' extentions also like .mobi

jeuvidéos.com is still to be sold.

I'm happy also with the ASCII versions / jeuxvideos.tv. , videorire.com and so on.

If you are fan of video and jeu, up to this afternoon vidéojeux.com and vidéos-jeux.com were free (they can at list subsidise theself now)

Ciao

DABSI

Touchring:
don't dream too much , we know the reality.

IDN are what they are: a high speculative issue;
better have silber in you hand than gold in your dream

Again overture is not a bible, and was good 3 years ago is not especially good today.

this is based on the wonderful live statistic on over 3000 Domains

IDN Cowboy: you are a 'clever' boy so buy jeuvidéos.com (shall I translate for you? or explain what games are....)

DABSI

by the way if you are a 'believer': vidéo.tv is to have let's say for x,xxxx >5

DABSI

Last edited by dabsi; 11th August 2007 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11th August 2007, 06:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Touchring:
don't dream too much , we know the reality.

IDN are what they are: a high speculative issue;

It will depend on what your timeline is, my investment timeline is 10-15 years.
Old 11th August 2007, 07:10 PM

You make me laugh Dabsi.... in the party since 2004, not a great website developped...
You're so proud of your vidéo.TV, I just reg vídeos.TV for example, I'm here since less than 10 months...
Old 11th August 2007, 07:38 PM

you are right look

I do not develop sites, but register sell and let parking companies doing this job for me while enjoying the life.

Touchring:

10-15 years investment?

It's like investing in the Palm of Dubai now, in 10 years it will be an underwater world, climate change etc.....

in 10 years from now internet will be certainly not have the www. form I'm affraid.

But you are right we keep the best

Ciao
Old 11th August 2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Domains are diamonds.
Domainers are minors, wasting their time to dig everywhere.
But Big Money is in shop, in jewellery, after working on stone, it becomes a diamond.
Big money is in development, not in selling.
Moreover, you keep your capital.

Quote:
in 10 years from now internet will be certainly not have the www. form I'm affraid.
yeah, better 256.256.256.256(.256.256)

Last edited by L@@K; 11th August 2007 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11th August 2007, 07:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L@@K
Domains are diamonds.
Domainers are minors, wasting their time to dig everywhere.
But Big Money is in shop, in jewellery, after working on stone, it becomes a diamond.
Big money is in development, not in selling.
Moreover, you keep your capital.

yeah, better 256.256.256.256(.256.256)

Or maybe we'll use barcode. :o
Old 12th August 2007, 01:37 AM

xnomis is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

nice to see the good trades with vidéo domains.

vidéos.net its me :-)
Old 12th August 2007, 02:20 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Domains are diamonds.
Domainers are minors, wasting their time to dig everywhere. But Big Money is in shop, in jewellery, after working on stone, it becomes a diamond. Big money is in development, not in selling. Moreover, you keep your capital.
Just a few thoughts on this from Rick Schwartz blog, maybe a bit of a parallel for IDNs:

QUOTE: I hear all the time….”Rick, why don’t you develop your domain names into websites?” Ok fair question and I have a good answer as it relates to MY LIFE and what “I” want and what “I” see. Let’s rewind to 1996. I have about 120 domain names. I had a choice, build now or wait for others to make colossal mistakes and learn from them before I pissed away my limited resources. But an even bigger reason for me is that I ABSOLUTELY KNEW that a website that may cost $750,000 to construct in 1996 would be a $75 template in 2006. A template $749,925 less expensive and a template FAR superior to that of that era. So I saw no SENSE OF URGENCY to develop.

What I did see was a “Unique opportunity in time” that would NEVER pass again. So one much smarter group than me chose a much more sophisticated way to climb the same mountain. I on the other hand with no staff, no talents other than cut and paste, had to figure a way to compete with folks that had unlimited funds and staffs of 200. I am no cybersquatter and most folks in the industry are not cybersquatters either! I am a smart businessman just like many of my counterparts that figured out that the way others were doing it put things in the wrong order.

I decided that securing the LAND for the development in the future TRUMPED developing one website. Looking back, that was one hell of a great decision on my part and a HUGE mistake for many of them. Not all, but certainly most. If they had a chance to do it again, I bet they would focus on getting domain names.
END QUOTE
Old 12th August 2007, 02:31 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Just a few thoughts on this from Rick Schwartz blog, maybe a bit of a parallel for IDNs:

QUOTE: I hear all the time….”Rick, why don’t you develop your domain names into websites?” Ok fair question and I have a good answer as it relates to MY LIFE and what “I” want and what “I” see. Let’s rewind to 1996. I have about 120 domain names. I had a choice, build now or wait for others to make colossal mistakes and learn from them before I pissed away my limited resources. But an even bigger reason for me is that I ABSOLUTELY KNEW that a website that may cost $750,000 to construct in 1996 would be a $75 template in 2006. A template $749,925 less expensive and a template FAR superior to that of that era. So I saw no SENSE OF URGENCY to develop.

What I did see was a “Unique opportunity in time” that would NEVER pass again. So one much smarter group than me chose a much more sophisticated way to climb the same mountain. I on the other hand with no staff, no talents other than cut and paste, had to figure a way to compete with folks that had unlimited funds and staffs of 200. I am no cybersquatter and most folks in the industry are not cybersquatters either! I am a smart businessman just like many of my counterparts that figured out that the way others were doing it put things in the wrong order.

I decided that securing the LAND for the development in the future TRUMPED developing one website. Looking back, that was one hell of a great decision on my part and a HUGE mistake for many of them. Not all, but certainly most. If they had a chance to do it again, I bet they would focus on getting domain names.
END QUOTE
The way rick types is the way he thinks... very rigid and arrogant.
Old 12th August 2007, 02:35 AM

A great plan would be:
1. collect => 1/2 years
2. develop => 5/10 years
3. holidays => +40 years
Old 12th August 2007, 03:04 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A great plan would be:
1. collect => 1/2 years
2. develop => 5/10 years
3. holidays => +40 years
But in a parallel like that for ascii in 1997, there is still a bit of a wait for IDNs.
Hoping however that it is a short wait. I think development is good, especially as many can do
for it themselves and even to outsource site design the cost can be very reasonable.
Old 12th August 2007, 07:13 AM
Veteran

Quote:
But in a parallel like that for ascii in 1997, there is still a bit of a wait for IDNs.
Hoping however that it is a short wait. I think development is good, especially as many can do
for it themselves and even to outsource site design the cost can be very reasonable.

No doubt outsourcing is cheap, but project management and QC can't be source, and after development, traffic will not automatically flow in - one still needs to do SEO - even more Yahoo JP.

I would say that outsourcing development is only 30%-40% of the total work. Project management, and QC another 20%, and SEO and maintenance another 30%.

Quote:

I don't believe the wait is short, i've been fighting with RD over timelines the whole of last year if you guys could remember, and it seems that even the most pessimistic of timelines proved to be too optimistic.

We now live in a economic peak and bullish environment, everyone (myself included ) is overly optimistic and lost the sense of reality.

Like the fact that last week, central banks pumped in nearly half a trillion dollars to support the world banks, even the most pessimistic of dooms day investment analysts like Marc Faber and Jim Rogers could not have anticipated such a desperate move at such an early stage.

To have a good gripe of reality, we now must examine the situation, both internet and general:

1. Post Sept 11, Feds pumped unlimited liquidity into US to support the war against terror.
2. US real estate boom because of the cheap money. European real estate like Spanish expanded even more.
3. PPC - Google created the PPC market and gave out revenue share aggressively to expand their marketshare. Google profits was rising rapidly in early days. They can afford to give adsense partners a bigger share.
4. Industralization of China and BPO boom in India gave rise to the commodity boom. Real estate boom in China cities especially, consumed a lot of steel and copper. It is said that half the world's construction cranes are in China.
5. Free trade led to strong growth in the US. Europeans invest heavily in US securities, CDOs, hedge funds, etc.
6. New wealth in gas, oil, commodities from Russia and the Middle East flowed into UK, fueling a housing boom.
7. US imports from China, Japan, Europe and balance of payment is achieved by heavy investments by Europeans in US real estate, investment funds, and China and Japan's investments in US treasury.

Over the next 5 years, will the factors 1 to 7 remain the same? Many things can happen, protectionism can kick in, and this brings the risk of dollar dumping. Miost chinese expect a financial crisis post Beijing Olympics. The Iran problem may worsen - Israel has set a Dec 31st dateline. The credit default rates will rise - this one even an IQ 80 guy will know by now. If america slows imports, the rest of the world will also suffer. China will suffer unemployment in the rural and the central govt will have to sell foreign assets including US government bonds to prevent social unrest.

All these may not be related to domains, but it does affect how long we must wait - i'm 100% sure. One can go without domains in bad times, prime domains are not a necessity. The days of ponzi is nearly over or going to be over. We're back to basics and domain prices will not rise like before because of flipping and Snap announcements or "market manipulation".

The consolation is that if you are invested in japanese, chinese, korean, or arabic names, at least you are in the better hands than the DNF guys.

Last edited by touchring; 12th August 2007 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost