IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2007, 09:20 PM

eskick is an unknown quantity at this point
Rapidshare.com Idn = Rapıdshare.com

Hello everyone i own Rapıdshare.com,
the domain is very similiar to Rapidshare.com but the "i" is replaced with "ı",

I parked it before and it recieved a two to three hundred visitors in a month,
I Wanted to know if it is good?
the "ı" is in the turkish keyboard same place as the "i" in the english keyboard, so this may atract visitors from turkey and other countries which use the domain,

I grabbed the domain as soon as Rapidshare.com was made public as i knew it would attract many visitors.
Ps, Does anybody know how i can use this domain without it redirecting to xn--rapdshare-xpb.com please?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:45 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Rapidshare.com Idn = Rapıdshare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskick

the "ı" is in the turkish keyboard same place as the "i" in the english keyboard, so this may atract visitors from turkey and other countries which use the domain,

I grabbed the domain as soon as Rapidshare.com was made public as i knew it would attract many visitors.
Ps, Does anybody know how i can use this domain without it redirecting to xn--rapdshare-xpb.com please?
The very definition of a bad faith registration.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:49 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskick

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I do.
When Rapidshare file a UDRP (which they will win) and then sue you for infringment, and once the domain is in their account and they have all your money, your home, car and even the dog and you have to eat margarine forever, and then redirect to rapidshare.com the issue of it redirecting to xn--rapdshare-xpb.com will be solved. (Note that ignorance of the law is not admissible in your defence in a court of law)

Last edited by mulligan; 17th August 2007 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17th August 2007, 11:17 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Any mixed script IDN is worthless.
I can not believe you got a couple of hundred type ins, who would even think to type mostly English + 1 Turkish letter.
Maybe your hits are from bots from putting it up on parking.

Mixed script IDN are not welcome by legitimate IDN domainers in our industry. They are prohibited to be sold at most forums.
Also anything to do with trademarks or company names are not considered good business, you are just asking for trouble.
Besides, there is plenty of legitimate stuff out there to put your energy into registering.
Old 17th August 2007, 11:22 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I can not believe you got a couple of hundred type ins, who would even think to type mostly English + 1 Turkish letter.
Maybe your hits are from bots from putting it up on parking.

Mixed script IDN are not welcome by legitimate IDN domainers in our industry. They are prohibited to be sold at most forums.
Also anything to do with trademarks or company names are not considered good business, you are just asking for trouble.
Besides, there is plenty of legitimate stuff out there to put your energy into registering.
japanese+ascii = junk?

u sure bout that?
Old 18th August 2007, 06:51 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Domains like this make me feel like I'm a pirate on a pirate ship. I feel dirty by association. Aaaargh.
Old 18th August 2007, 09:00 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
While I do agree with you in principle, I can not agree entirely. There are plenty of popular terms used in Japan which use both latin + any combination of the Japanese scripts combined.

What I would say is that "mixed script IDNs which form homographs" are worthless. Homographs are e.g. cyrillic or greek characters which resemble latin characters and where the sole purpose for usage inside an otherwise latin word is to trick the reader into believing that the entire word is composed with latin characters. Some of the homographs are near perfect, and some of them have little marks above or below and can be naturally recognized.

Again, japanese is an exception - there are many words which are composed with combinations of the official japanese scripts, and there are also many popular terms which also have latin characters as a prefix or suffix.