IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2007, 02:46 AM

pspdropship is an unknown quantity at this point
please appraise 欧洲足球.cn European Football

a shanghai company called wintv recently spent $50 million bought the broadcast right of England Premiere League in Mainland China, Italy Searia A and other top norch football/soccer games are also on the list... they just started to sell its digital tv channel called European Football in all major cities, it's not like ESPN that tv stations in each city can rebroadcast, people must pay directly to wintv to watch football on TV, and the price is not low.

thinking about the huge population and fan base in China and the multi-billion lottery industry, i think i've got a keeper but don't know how valuable it is in terms of $$$

please appraise, thanks!

just to add up, wintv's move has been a huge story in China for months, people are talking about it everywhere!

Last edited by pspdropship; 21st August 2007 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21st August 2007, 05:17 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: please appraise 欧洲足球.cn European Football

Smile - the fan base is based on Government run football betting... where I buy tea in China even the grandmother asks me about who I think will win this or that particular football match (not as she's into football however).

However outside of the cable televising network (and the advert money they can earn on that channel) - I can not see the commercial value of holding the European football IDN... for business I mean... perhaps as a hits site for adsense earnings only.

Just general comments...

By the way - I do like a couple of your domains (general comment - I am not investing at the moment... so no, I do not want to buy them - hehe).

买房.biz
网店.biz
母婴产品.com
减肥瘦身.biz (but would prefer to have 减肥.com / 减肥产品.com or .cn)

These have commercial value (and I think how well a domain can link to potential promotion of a business is where it's value it) - must admit people trading prefer .com and .net (hate .biz... as a user I am not anti .biz, but would prefer the other two or .cn, .hk or .tw).

I think the value for Chinese IDNs is 3 years away - until then not that much value.
Namely - not going to bother quoting values (as like real estate - what one buyer thinks the value is can be 110% different than another).

乐器商城.com
买琴.com
网络主机.com
4a广告.com

Can not see these 4 as being great - can not see people buying instruments online & art & concepts like avant-garde are getting a little off the commercial edge - maybe in 15 to 20 years time someone will be able to sell this type of art in China to the rich niche market (and 4a is a western concept - which is not known by anyone not in one of those advertising companies in China... and will not I believe become a popular term, as some local advertising agencies are strong as well in China and therefore locals are likely to think 4 is dumb and just plain wrong... nationalism ).

Hope comments are useful - cheers, Asiaplay
Old 22nd August 2007, 07:18 AM

Thanks a lot for your comment :D

Wintv is selling the European Football channel through digital tv, I'm working at a major digital tv operator in China so i know, at least at the moment, no ads is allowed in any digital channel. Fans have to pay directly to Wintv in order to watch the matches. prices vary from 188RMB per month to 1088RMB per year, not cheap for the average. so it can be expected that Wintv is gonna make a great deal when the football season comes... and i'm kinda hopeing that the company would realize the value of Chinese domains and i could sell it directly to them. ofcos it's gonna take some time, but i'm holding on to this one

there are actually several major music instrument stores selling online in China. some do very big, such as hvguitar, more than half of its sales come from its online store. never to mention the Chinese version of Ebay, Taobao.com is another huge harbor for online sales of music instruments. one advantage that Chinese IDN has is that any small industry is not small in terms of the huge population, so i think 买琴.com and 乐器商城.com will be more valuable given some time.

about 先锋艺术.com, art collecting has been hot for several years in China, both normal art and avant-garde, lots of buyers are from outside China, paying millions for cutting edge art works each year, online sales of photo copies and print copies of these works are also skyrocketing... remember one thing, Chinese people are getting rich, there's a hunger for arts.

i agree with you about 4a广告.com, i don't know what to do with it, maybe build a site first and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot for your sincere advices Asiaplay!!
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:28 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspdropship
Thanks a lot for your comment :D

Wintv is selling the European Football channel through digital tv, I'm working at a major digital tv operator in China so i know, at least at the moment, no ads is allowed in any digital channel. Fans have to pay directly to Wintv in order to watch the matches. prices vary from 188RMB per month to 1088RMB per year, not cheap for the average. so it can be expected that Wintv is gonna make a great deal when the football season comes... and i'm kinda hopeing that the company would realize the value of Chinese domains and i could sell it directly to them. ofcos it's gonna take some time, but i'm holding on to this one

there are actually several major music instrument stores selling online in China. some do very big, such as hvguitar, more than half of its sales come from its online store. never to mention the Chinese version of Ebay, Taobao.com is another huge harbor for online sales of music instruments. one advantage that Chinese IDN has is that any small industry is not small in terms of the huge population, so i think 买琴.com and 乐器商城.com will be more valuable given some time.

about 先锋艺术.com, art collecting has been hot for several years in China, both normal art and avant-garde, lots of buyers are from outside China, paying millions for cutting edge art works each year, online sales of photo copies and print copies of these works are also skyrocketing... remember one thing, Chinese people are getting rich, there's a hunger for arts.

i agree with you about 4a广告.com, i don't know what to do with it, maybe build a site first and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot for your sincere advices Asiaplay!!

Interesting, 188RMB a mth is quite a lot in Beijing, are they home or commercial subscribers?
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:55 AM

the price is for home subscribers, for one set top box only.
Old 23rd August 2007, 02:26 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Pspdropship,

Cool - is great you are buying IDNs in business areas which you really do understand.
Also glad you took my comments as discussion, as they were intended (just no one was answering hehe - so thought I would say what I thought... even though know I am not the expert in those particular biz areas).

Interesting on the musical instruments - shows what I am hearing is really true (namely that internet sales generally are booming in China across all product areas... I am surprised to hear some stores are doing 50% of their biz online for something like musical instruments - but I do believe you... cool... means so many things will be possible now).

True, arts is picking up... just art is so subjective and prices vary more than IDNs, so it is hard to do a biz on expensive art, unless one is really focusing hard on that one area (and has large capital & import power)... but you are right, cheap prints might sell well and this is an area which has large potential...
Haha - and apart from a few select rich investors, I thought the Army was the biggest owner of Art in China

Thanks for your feedback and comments - hehe - and to be honest, I think you do not really need comments from others in the forum for what you buy for Chinese IDNs, haha - you know what you are buying and why

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: agree - there are some good IDNs, which are almost one company / single potential buyer focused - I also wonder the day that SEO will be generally understood in China and ones like 欧洲足球.cn can be sold for a good price, even if there is really only one or maximum two buyers.

Last edited by Asiaplay; 23rd August 2007 at 02:33 AM..
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:24 AM

Thanks for your comment Asiaplay,

just got another news today, Wintv has sold the rebroadcast right of European Football to several major web site operators in China such as sina.com and qq.com, the web sites paid upfront, but i don't know the exact amount. that means Wintv is dominating nearly all major media for the broadcast of live football in Europe. fans have no choice but to pay, either through digital tv or the internet.

Like you said, the army is one of the biggest buyers of art for the corrupted officers have no worry about the fund, also in other areas such as real estate, the skyrocketing of housing price has made millions of people become millionaires over night, never mention the project developers earn billions out of a single project. and ofcos, the corrupted officials... the art market is heating up for investing and money laundering purposes... but i admit that 先锋艺术.com and 当代艺术品收藏.com are not the best domains for art collecting, don't know which lucky fellows got the better ones such as 收藏.com...

hvguitar's physical store is in Tianjin city, but it sales covers all around the country through online storefront and its reputation and services are top norch... i personally use a friend of mine who's working for them to get me guitars for near wholesale prices and that's where i got the statistics...

Aisaplay, could you share your collections of IDNs with me? i'm sure i'll learn a lot from you. cheers mate!

Huibo.