IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:31 AM

pspdropship is an unknown quantity at this point
how to get traffic stat for my IDNs?

i wanna park my Chinese IDNs but it seems that the parking sites all require a daily 1000 ips in order to accept a domain to park. but i don't know the traffic stat if the domains are not parked... so is there a way to get traffic stat instead of parking? thanks a lot!
Old 23rd August 2007, 07:03 AM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: how to get traffic stat for my IDNs?

Parking is just a term. You are still just putting the name on a host. When you park it what you are doing is serving it on the net via the most simple method with a page of links to monetize the traffic.

Until the name is served on the net there is zero traffic except some type in traffic if the name does get type ins. You have to host the name to get in the search engines and then you can get stats via your server.

You can forward the name to somewhere besides a parking program and get stats on some domain accounts. Domainsite offers forwarding stats.
Old 23rd August 2007, 07:34 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Until the name is served on the net there is zero traffic except some type in traffic if the name does get type ins.
How exactly does a name get type-in traffic if it's not being served (hosted by a server)?

Old 23rd August 2007, 08:02 AM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

it still gets requested, the dns just doesnt route it. Thats the only traffic a non / never hosted name could get except bots and net anomalies.

I bet the domain name server on this one spins all day with direct type in traffic:

http://television.com/

nothing there though
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:19 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
it still gets requested, the dns just doesnt route it. Thats the only traffic a non / never hosted name could get except bots and net anomalies.

I bet the domain name server on this one spins all day with direct type in traffic:

http://television.com/

nothing there though
Right... So what you really meant to say is that the nameserver is likely getting traffic for type-ins to a domain, but the domain isn't hosted in any webserver. It potentially receives DNS traffic, but not HTTP traffic.

Television.com, on the other hand, *is* hosted on a webserver. However, the idiot who owns it has configured his webserver to return "400 bad request" for any page you request. In this way, he is able to see via his webserver logfiles exactly how much type-in traffic he receives. Parsing DNS logfiles and correlating that to HTTP traffic is far, far more difficult.