IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2007, 10:22 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps Bush does know what he is doing?

By 1932, the US economy had declined by half, and one-third of the workforce was unemployed.

The whole US financial system also went into meltdown, with a shutdown of the entire banking system in March 1933 by the time the new President, Franklin Roosevelt took office and launched the New Deal.

Many economists on both left and right have criticised the response of the authorities as inadequate.

The US central bank actually raised interest rates to protect the value of the dollar and preserve the gold standard, while the US government raised tariffs and ran a budget surplus.

New Deal measures alleviated some of the worst problems of the Depression, but the US economy did not fully recover until World War II, when massive military spending eliminated unemployment and boosted growth....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6958091.stm
Old 27th August 2007, 10:38 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: Perhaps Bush does know what he is doing?

War has always been good for the US economy. It helps the president go to congress and re-allocate the millions which are targeted for studying the mating patterns of one-balled volcano monkeys and the like into real jobs (building war equipment and supplies).

Old 27th August 2007, 10:42 AM

websjapan is on a distinguished roadwebsjapan is on a distinguished roadwebsjapan is on a distinguished roadwebsjapan is on a distinguished roadwebsjapan is on a distinguished roadwebsjapan is on a distinguished road

check out the documentary zeitgeist

the federal reserve is a private bank!!!

they engineered the stock crash of 1927!!!

etc etc
Old 27th August 2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

abram lincohen is an unknown quantity at this point

Pigs do what pigs do. Here
Old 27th August 2007, 11:26 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abram lincohen
Pigs do what pigs do. Here
Link is (yet) another Black Sabbath video.

You should take a clue from last night...when Olney removed your misleading threads about the "Future of IDNs",
which was nothing more than a link to yet another Black Sabbath video. Grow up if you want to stick around.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Link is (yet) another Black Sabbath video.

You should take a clue from last night...when Olney removed your misleading threads about the "Future of IDNs",
which was nothing more than a link to yet another Black Sabbath video. Grow up if you want to stick around.
I would appreciate if you don't coach me. I have done it with allowing others to tell me what to do. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:35 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
By 1932, the US economy had declined by half, and one-third of the workforce was unemployed.

The whole US financial system also went into meltdown, with a shutdown of the entire banking system in March 1933 by the time the new President, Franklin Roosevelt took office and launched the New Deal.

Many economists on both left and right have criticised the response of the authorities as inadequate.

The US central bank actually raised interest rates to protect the value of the dollar and preserve the gold standard, while the US government raised tariffs and ran a budget surplus.

New Deal measures alleviated some of the worst problems of the Depression, but the US economy did not fully recover until World War II, when massive military spending eliminated unemployment and boosted growth....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6958091.stm

I believe that the US today faces a different problem, it is not a monetary/economic problem like in the 1927, but a credit problem.

Down to basics, you can't do business if you don't know if the bonds you buy are worth any money in the future.

From chemical WMD to financial WMDs today, this problem is real.

Printing more money will further jeopardize the already fragile system.

Last edited by touchring; 27th August 2007 at 12:40 PM..
Old 27th August 2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by websjapan
check out the documentary zeitgeist

the federal reserve is a private bank!!!

they engineered the stock crash of 1927!!!

etc etc
That's a common knowledge - for those who want to know. Thanks for sharing.
I think for us it presents an opportunity. Domains are pricey these days as anything one can carry away... I just got a private offer for 70.000 (american paper) and turned it down. That was for an ascii, though... I, of course hope that USA will stick for a while, enough for me to cash out.

Last edited by abram lincohen; 27th August 2007 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27th August 2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

Duck, what do you mean by this? Are you approving a mass killing of people? Remember, the only thing that keeps you personally safe is that those who want revenge do not associate you with their loss.
I thought of you as being intellectual-in a sense- but again, what is being intellectual?
True, you have developed intellectual capacities but do you have intellectual conception (if you know what i mean)?
It seems sad that a man like you, a respectable one, does not see that suffering of others never brings lasting happiness (or profit) to you. We are all the same interconnected energy. I hope you will realize it one day, because, unlike some others on this forum, I see that you have this great potential. And watch this again

Last edited by abram lincohen; 27th August 2007 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: none
Old 27th August 2007, 02:57 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

No, the remarks were tongue in cheek. I am not a Bush fan and I don't believe that wars really solve very much generally. I am, however, beginning to believe that the obsession with everything he labels Al Qaedas is as much to do with distracting attention from the corruption and ineptitude at home as anything else.
Old 27th August 2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No, the remarks were tongue in cheek. I am not a Bush fan and I don't believe that wars really solve very much generally. I am, however, beginning to believe that the obsession with everything he labels Al Qaedas is as much to do with distracting attention from the corruption and ineptitude at home as anything else.
Very true.
Old 27th August 2007, 03:19 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by abram lincohen
Duck, what do you mean by this? Are you approving a mass killing of people? Remember, the only thing that keeps you personally safe is that those who want revenge do not associate you with their loss.
I thought of you as being intellectual-in a sense- but again, what is being intellectual?
True, you have developed intellectual capacities but do you have intellectual conception (if you know what i mean)?
It seems sad that a man like you, a respectable one, does not see that suffering of others never brings lasting happiness (or profit) to you. We are all the same interconnected energy. I hope you will realize it one day, because, unlike some others on this forum, I see that you have this great potential. And watch this again
Why do you talk such bollocks?
Old 27th August 2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
Why do you talk such bollocks?
You would not understand -not today. I don't want to waste time explaining. I apologise, of course.