View Single Post
Old 31st March 2006, 10:15 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Verification of Keyword

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
I get 'verb', 'vocabulary', 'word'. It seems to be used quite a bit in conjunction with هنگ, which I can only translate as 'legion'.

I gather that it could also mean 'dictionary' either with or without the other word. It could also have meaning in Urdu.

Edited - no, not a native speaker, or a speaker at all for that matter, but I'm flattered that I could be mistaken for one .

Okay, did some more digging and found that فرهنگ mean 'lexicon', 'dictionary', 'culture'. These two words are used frequently in conjunction with لغت.

I'll go with 'vocabulary' judging from the context of several search results.
Thanks for that. We are definitely in the right area. Trying the old trick of putting the word into Google and searching in conjunction with possible translations, I think we can eliminate verb, vocabulary and lexicon just leaving Word or Dictionary. I had previously believed it meant Dictionary and I have still to change my view on that, but it looks as though we will need to dig around a bit more.

Thanks Again
Dave